“Fun Vacation With My Grandsons”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Traverse City
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I have been bringing my grandsons to this hotel for Spring Break for the past several years. I LOVE the upgrades to the rooms (suites) as well as the 'new look' for the check-in and breakfast area. The staff were courteous and helpful as always and my grandsons were VERY appreciative of the cookies and cider
available after their energetic swimming sessions. The beds are beyond comfortable and having two televisions in the suite meant I wasn't forced to watch cartoons the whole time...The new breakfast menu is great - make-your-own waffles was the oldest boys favorite while the younger went for the sausage, eggs and potatoes. The offering of healthy choices available, including fresh fruit was very appreciated as well. AND, as I've been telling friends for years - they make the best coffee around - and it's always available. I see no reason not to recommend this hotel to anyone, but especially to those with children who have a love of swimming and spacious rooms! I'll definitely be back...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Sue M

Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel is very nice and updated, very clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast is really all you would need to eat and a real nice variety. The pool is very nice and heated! In the afternoon they put out fresh baked cookies for everyone to eat (very good!!).
The lobby is very large and has a big screen t.v. and a fireplace. I would visit here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank dkitchen794
Reviewed January 3, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We chose this hotel to take our children to while off on Christmas vacation. We used to visit this property a lot when it was Days Inn. I can't say that it's changed much since it was the previous motel. The gentleman who checked us in was friendly and courteous, which was nice after we waited in line for almost 15 minutes to check in. There were cookies and hot apple cider in the lobby. Our room was just like it was when we stayed at Days Inn a couple years ago. The pool and hot tub were tons of fun for our children, and everyone enjoyed the breakfast the next morning. We will most likely visit this hotel again in the future, but I will say that it is a bit overpriced compared to similar hotels in the area that offer the same amenities.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked this last minute, changing from another hotel because we learned friends were staying here, and we were very pleased. Clean rooms with amenities and the staff was superb. Every person we encountered was friendly and helpful, going beyond what might be expected. The breakfast was great, offering several protein choices, and the freshly-baked cookies and hot cider in the lobby was a wonderful touch.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel far exceeded my expectations. I booked it last minute for a girls wine tasting weekend before Christmas. I'm normally a boutique, 4-star and above kind of girl, but all I was looking for was affordable with big rooms for the purposes of 4 girls in one room. It was PERFECT. First of all, the suite was huge. 2 Queen beds, with a Queen Murphy bed in the living room. TVs in the living room and bedroom. Best of all, there were 3 sinks (bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette) as well as 2 mirrored closets. So, plenty of space for everyone to get ready!

The breakfast also exceeded my expectations - I mean they had pomegranates to top your oatmeal or yogurt with. Pomegranates! In a budget hotel! The coffee was great, and yes - there were fresh warm cookies at check-in.

But the very best part of our stay is when we packed up our bags and headed out in the morning to 4 freshly fallen inches of thick snow. I walked into the parking lot and stopped short when I saw someone brushing off my car - it was the hotel staff!!! To me, that is far above and beyond their job description. It was truly a kind gesture that I will not forget.

Highly recommend.

4  Thank michiganna
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Country Inn & Suites in Traverse City was by far the nicest surprise when booking site unseen. The price did not reflect the beauitful cozy room we opened the door to. The staff was beyond friendly and kind and the continental breakfast was above and beyond what you would expect a continental breakfast to be. It was by far the nicest place I've stayed in a really long time. I will defintiely book here again. It's rare to book something online and open the door to something this wonderful!

Room Tip: The suite room is like a mini vacation...you don't have to leave it to have a great time.