“Enjoyable atmosphere for hungery family”
Review of Blue Tractor

Blue Tractor
Ranked #29 of 308 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Cooks, Michigan
“Enjoyable atmosphere for hungery family”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

After a long day at Sleep Bear Dunes we were starving and very tired. Never a good combo to wait at a restaurant with children but the service and speed proved to be excellent at the Blue Tractor. The food was well portioned and tasty. Tired the pizza, Mac and cheese, soup, and salad. Thought the BBQ chips needed a little more BBQ kick. Overall deserving of the best family restuaunt in 2011.

Owosso, Michigan
“food was ok”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

we had burgers and fries. the burgers were just average and we had heard they were really good. was hoping for something better

Visited August 2013
Clarklake, Michigan
“Fun atmosphere without the wait of Front Street”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My hubby and I were searching for a dinner spot on Sunday night over Labor Day weekend. We ended up walking down Front Street and everything had a wait, even at 8pm. Thank goodness for smart phones. We found the Blue Tractor with google and walked a couple of blocks off of Front Street to their location. Although it was reasonable busy, we didn't have to wait for a table. We sat in the bar area and the atmosphere was great for a husband/wife date. It was dark with good artwork and lots of tvs for those that want to catch a game.

Our food was excellent. I had a cuban burger that was off the charts delicious with a side of their traditional mac & cheese. The mac & cheese was good but unfortunately the noodles were pretty overcooked. My hubby had a steak and the marinade on that was fantastic. I thought the prices were slightly high for what we got but that's probably just due to the area.

The only thing knocking my review down from excellent was the service. Our waitress took about 12 minutes to get us our first beers and we waiting 50 minutes for dinner. People that came after us were served and finished before we even started. It looked like for the most part everyone else had good service so I think we were just the forgotten table of the night and this probably also accounts for the overcooked pasta. My hubby also ordered fries with his steak and was brought mashed potatoes. However, they were quick to bring the order of fries and I was able to sample the bourbon mash so it ended up a winning situation as far as I'm concerned.

I don't know if I would go back because there are so many restaurants in the area and this one didn't win my absolute loyalty but I wouldn't rule it out either. Definitely a nice hidden gem off of the main drag.

Livonia, Michigan
“$2.95 Monday special”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited the Blue Tractor on Monday afternoon with two relatives who happen to be locals. They pulled coupons from a local tourist magazine and we all had the tractor burger for $2.95 (normally $7.95). I have to say, it was fantastic. I added a side of sweet potato fries which I thought (according to the menu) were $1.50, but instead cost $4.25. Yowza. Pricey and not explained. The first time they arrived we returned them because they were cold. When the re-do arrived, they were hot and tastey.

No problems getting seated in a timely manner, but it was only 12:30pm and it was Monday/Labor Day.

Our server was fine in attitude, but never returned to refill drinks and was unattentive.

All factors considered, I would return again. Great hamburger.

Michigan
“Briskettttttt”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I had the brisket, and my server complimented my choice- I could see why. I've been disappointed in brisket many times, but this did not disappoint! Perfectly seasoned, smoked, and not dry at all, over super delicious mashed potatoes- I want some right now!
The cornbread appetizer is not sweet cornbread- just a heads up.
We wanted dessert but were too stuffed after our delicious entrees.

• Visited August 2013