“Nice rooms, dirty pool area” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Place Hotel

Park Place Hotel
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
“Nice rooms, dirty pool area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were nice with plenty of room for the family to move around. The restaurant was good but claimed everything was the best we would ever have. My food was good, but not the best ever. The pool had a layer of filth that needed a good bleaching. I needed a shower after to feel better. The location was fabulous. So much to do with in walking distance which is why they must charge so much for a basic room.

Stayed July 2014
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Hello Cwessel25. I am glad you enjoyed your guest room. I will definitely look into your comment about our pool. I know that we on a regular basis, physically & technically monitor, and document the cleanliness of the water. On top of this, we have an outside party test our water quality on a regular schedule. Please trust it is important to us that we provide the best quality in our amenities and services. Looking forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Sao Bernardo Do Campo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel has a central location, a lot of restaurants, stores and beach, all within a walk from the Hotel.

The Lounge on Tenth floor is great and what a view!!!

Bedroom was nice, not so big but bathroom was excellent, it had a window!! Direct sunlight is nice always.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Evandro S
Thank you, Evandro S. I am glad our comfortable rooms, amenities and location were a good fit for you. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.
Shelby Township, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel had a good downtown location, friendly staff at front desk, but other than that just a regular hotel. Rooms look to be updated, but the hallways needed cleaning and the outside of hotel needed some work. We had a room with a balcony, the balcony was shared with someone else with only a short wrought iron fence separating us. Our sliding door had a broken lock so we didn't really feel safe considering our neighbors just had to cross the fence to get into our room. Housekeeping staff was not friendly at all. The only reason I would go back is for the beds. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones I have ever slept on.

Room Tip: Balconies are extremely small and you share it with the room next to you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank pennysh2014
Hello pennysh2014. We receive positive comments about our beds very regularly, so I thank you for publishing your comment. I am concerned about the unfriendliness of the housekeeping staff. We provide hospitality training before our front line employees work with the public. It very important to us that our guests are treated with the utmost respect and hospitality and that we meet guest needs with an urgent touch. I will surely speak with our Exec. Housekeeper to ensure we always uphold the importance of how we greet and treat our guests.
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here on night en route to Mackinac Island. Our room was not in the tall part of the building, so I think it may have been newer. We both really enjoyed Dave, the bartender at the Beacon Lounge on the tenth floor. If you go, ask if Mr Chamber of Commerce is there! Seriously this guy was a wealth of info......

The area around the hotel is great, the waterfront and lots of bars and restaurants. Just a nice, safe, and clean place to be.

Room Tip: I guess a high floor would be good, we were on the 3rd floor. No complaints though.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pko57
Hello pko57! Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, Dave aka "Mr. Chamber of Commerce" is very good at what he does and I am glad he provided you with excellent customer service. Looking forward to being of service to you in the near future.
South Lyon, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've stayed at other hotels in Traverse City that are nicer (in large part because they are newer, such as Cambria Suites, Tamarack), but the location alone makes the Park Place a great choice. At other hotels you have to drive into downtown (unless a shuttle is offered). The Park Place is right downtown and in walking distance to all shops and restaurants. I was attending a wedding reception at the Opera House and definitely did not want to drive. The Park Place was perfect. The rooms themselves appear a little dated, but were comfortable and clean and we had no issues with check in or check out. We stayed over Memorial weekend, but Sunday night and Monday nights. I chose a B&B for Saturday night, as the Park Place's rate for Friday and Saturday was double what they were asking for Sunday and Monday. I'd stay here again if I was hoping to partake in the TC bar scene and not have to worry about driving.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DrJennyNovi_Michigan
Thank you, DrJennyNovi I appreciate your comments. I agree, our location is the best! :) In the very near future, we plan on updating our facility to include our guest rooms. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Freeland, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Rooms are small but after a small inconvenience at check in we ended up in a handicap accessible room which gave us more space. Others in our group had very small rooms. The staff was good. Not outstanding. The rooms and hallways were WAY WAY TOO HOT. The location was perfect but the beds were too soft.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you Travelngirls08 for your comments. The Park Place does have a variety of rooms and we do our very best to match accommodations to guest needs. I hope we will have the opportunity to assist you with your reservations in the near future.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel has character - rooms are very clean and comfortable. The location is outstanding; within walking distance of shopping and dining options aplenty. The fitness room is very small and the equipment has seen better days, but I suppose most people opt for walks and runs in the nearby waterfront park. Business meals were fair; but I understand the hotel restaurant offered good food. I chose to eat in one of the many nearby restaurants when I had the chance. Plenty of free, outside parking was a nice bonus.

Room Tip: I suggest you try to attain a room with a view of the lake, and a higher floor would be best for tha...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron R
Thank you very much, Ron R. for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Our Fitness and Pool areas will undergo renovation in the very near future. I trust that the updated facility will be a better amenity for our guests.