“Nice place”

Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Sao Bernardo Do Campo, SP
“Nice place”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel has a central location, a lot of restaurants, stores and beach, all within a walk from the Hotel.

The Lounge on Tenth floor is great and what a view!!!

Bedroom was nice, not so big but bathroom was excellent, it had a window!! Direct sunlight is nice always.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Evandro S
PPHGM, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you, Evandro S. I am glad our comfortable rooms, amenities and location were a good fit for you. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The hotel had a good downtown location, friendly staff at front desk, but other than that just a regular hotel. Rooms look to be updated, but the hallways needed cleaning and the outside of hotel needed some work. We had a room with a balcony, the balcony was shared with someone else with only a short wrought iron fence separating us. Our sliding door had a broken lock so we didn't really feel safe considering our neighbors just had to cross the fence to get into our room. Housekeeping staff was not friendly at all. The only reason I would go back is for the beds. The bed was one of the most comfortable ones I have ever slept on.

Room Tip: Balconies are extremely small and you share it with the room next to you.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank pennysh2014
Hello pennysh2014. We receive positive comments about our beds very regularly, so I thank you for publishing your comment. I am concerned about the unfriendliness of the housekeeping staff. We provide hospitality training before our front line employees work with the public. It very important to us that our guests are treated with the utmost respect and hospitality and that we meet guest needs with an urgent touch. I will surely speak with our Exec. Housekeeper to ensure we always uphold the importance of how we greet and treat our guests.
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here on night en route to Mackinac Island. Our room was not in the tall part of the building, so I think it may have been newer. We both really enjoyed Dave, the bartender at the Beacon Lounge on the tenth floor. If you go, ask if Mr Chamber of Commerce is there! Seriously this guy was a wealth of info......

The area around the hotel is great, the waterfront and lots of bars and restaurants. Just a nice, safe, and clean place to be.

Room Tip: I guess a high floor would be good, we were on the 3rd floor. No complaints though.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pko57
Hello pko57! Thank you for sharing your experience. Yes, Dave aka "Mr. Chamber of Commerce" is very good at what he does and I am glad he provided you with excellent customer service. Looking forward to being of service to you in the near future.
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I've stayed at other hotels in Traverse City that are nicer (in large part because they are newer, such as Cambria Suites, Tamarack), but the location alone makes the Park Place a great choice. At other hotels you have to drive into downtown (unless a shuttle is offered). The Park Place is right downtown and in walking distance to all shops and restaurants. I was attending a wedding reception at the Opera House and definitely did not want to drive. The Park Place was perfect. The rooms themselves appear a little dated, but were comfortable and clean and we had no issues with check in or check out. We stayed over Memorial weekend, but Sunday night and Monday nights. I chose a B&B for Saturday night, as the Park Place's rate for Friday and Saturday was double what they were asking for Sunday and Monday. I'd stay here again if I was hoping to partake in the TC bar scene and not have to worry about driving.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DrJennyNovi_Michigan
Thank you, DrJennyNovi I appreciate your comments. I agree, our location is the best! :) In the very near future, we plan on updating our facility to include our guest rooms. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Freeland, MI
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Rooms are small but after a small inconvenience at check in we ended up in a handicap accessible room which gave us more space. Others in our group had very small rooms. The staff was good. Not outstanding. The rooms and hallways were WAY WAY TOO HOT. The location was perfect but the beds were too soft.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you Travelngirls08 for your comments. The Park Place does have a variety of rooms and we do our very best to match accommodations to guest needs. I hope we will have the opportunity to assist you with your reservations in the near future.
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This hotel has character - rooms are very clean and comfortable. The location is outstanding; within walking distance of shopping and dining options aplenty. The fitness room is very small and the equipment has seen better days, but I suppose most people opt for walks and runs in the nearby waterfront park. Business meals were fair; but I understand the hotel restaurant offered good food. I chose to eat in one of the many nearby restaurants when I had the chance. Plenty of free, outside parking was a nice bonus.

Room Tip: I suggest you try to attain a room with a view of the lake, and a higher floor would be best for tha...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron R
Thank you very much, Ron R. for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Our Fitness and Pool areas will undergo renovation in the very near future. I trust that the updated facility will be a better amenity for our guests.
Indianapolis
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Traveled to this area with my sister, niece and nephew to drop off my nephew at Interlochen Arts camp - stayed here and another hotel in the area. My sister booked on booking.com and since it is not really "high season" in Northern MI when we were there (weekend of 06/14) we supposedly got a deal of 150/night. Upon arrival, we were told that that rate was 179/night and after taxes it was 210. We explained that was incorrect, they said no, said they had the paperwork to prove it, which we never saw, but they were insistent. We attempted to clarify with booking.come, but of course there is no way to call them. We gave in...which I'm sure they expected, had a nice room on the 6th floor, beds comfortable, keurig coffee maker in the room with 4 cups of coffee (after four, each additional was $1) tub/shower drained very very slowly, which I reported and assume they fixed....nice indoor pool and parking was free (although I think they charge for parking during cherry festival) We did not eat at the hotel, but the restaurant looked nice. Traverse City is a nice town, small, easy to walk around, but prices are extremely high at shops, restaurants and hotels...I have paid less for a comparable hotel in NYC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family