“Amazing Charcuterie Board!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2015

Our group of friends & family has had several wonderful meals here. We love the charcuterie board & try different meats & cheeses each time. We also love the risotto, the scallops, the salads, steaks & the schnitzel. The servers are very attentive. The second floor patio is our preferred area. There are very interesting cocktails and extensive beer & wine lists. I recommend the gin sling!

Reviewed July 5, 2015

I like the vibe and ambiance of the inside of this place. It has a really long and cool bar and it's cool to see the laid back bartenders and waitstaff in white shirts with dark jeans, that's a great uniform for all. We had some fresh lemonade with sparkling water, it was refreshing amidst our walk about town.

Reviewed July 2, 2015

Whitney was our waitress, and she did a good job. The food was disappointing, overcooked hamburg and lamb burger. Beet slaw was good, but serving was small. Nice presentation. No Happy Hour or specials now that the tourist season is in full swing. No refills on beverages. Expensive. Won't go back for a while. Both Bubba's, Centre Cafe and 9 Bean Rows have been lamb burgers.

1  Thank LJM417
Reviewed July 1, 2015

This was my second visit to The Franklin and showed again why locally-owned restaurants deserve a second chance, if your first impression leaves you underwhelmed.
My wife and I took our adult daughters. We started with local wine and craft beer along with the trout/pea ball on a lettuce bed appetizer. It was very yummy and the kitchen quickly complied with our request for some light toast to go with the trout spread.
My mostly veggie preferring daughter got the veggie wrap with cous cous, red rice, spinach and other wrap ingredients and roasted cauliflower side. She loved both. My other daughter ordered The Franklin salad with chicken and also gave it two thumbs up. The chicken was rosemary brined and was a highlight. My wife tried the lambburger and actually finished it, which is unusual and speaks to the excellent taste. I had the El Cubano with smoked ham and pork shoulder on a cibatta bun with fries. It was very good but I'd suggest the kitchen give you an option (I'm sure they'd comply if asked) of going with a sweeter mustard. The portion was huge and I brought a third of it home. The fries were small, generous and properly spiced. Our server was accommodating and attentive without hovering. The atmosphere inside (we were downstairs and I'd recommend that over going to the second level unless it's warm and you want to sit on the patio overlooking Front Street) was upscale pubbish, a little noisy from adjacent large table with kids but not annoyingly so. We got a table at 7 p.m. the last day of June without a wait.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

Our family of 5 hesitantly waked into this restaurant on a recent visit to TC not kinwing what to expect for our 3 kids ages 12, 10 and 4. Since mon and dad are foodies we took a chance. The kids were delighted to find out that not only did they have a great adult menu they actually had a kids menu too. The ate up the cheese curds in a jiffy and enjoyed spaghetti with Swedish meatballs as well as macaroni and cheese. Adults enjoyed the hanger steak and the mussels. A vast array of cockatails were available as well as a delicious looking dessert menu. We were too full to try anything. Highly recommend this place for their drinks, beautiful bar and yummy food (with or without kids!).