“No need to go anywhere else!”

Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery. Spanning 91 acres, Brys Estate is one of the largest contiguous winery estates on Old Mission Peninsula. Opened in 2005, we're a family-run business that crafts wines from our 58,000 vines planted less than a mile from Lake Michigan. The Brys experience includes an old-world tasting room, unique Upper Deck with Bridge Above the Vines, and a barn-turned-guest house that offers panoramic views of the bay and Old Mission Peninsula.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This quaint, family owned winery was recommended to us and we are really glad we stopped to check it out! We are lovers of small wineries with a passion for making good wine and this place really has the passion. Upon arrival we were greeted by a lovely wine club member who told us that for $5 we could get 4 wine tastings with food parings during a tour of the winery. What a great idea! While their competition just expected us to stand 6 or 7 deep and wait our turn to get to the counter for a tasting, these guys really have it figured out. We paid our $5, then started our tour, stoping along the way to get our 4 tastings with food parings. Oh yea, we got to keep our glasses also, bonus! Isuppose we spent about the same amount of time as at the other places, but it was much more enjoyable experience. Good job Brys Estate! And talk about great wine! I recommend their Gewürztraminer, the 2011 Riesling and the Cab/Merlot blend to start with. Joined their wine club also, very good. Would / Will return and will recommend this winery.

1  Thank Richard B

Reviewed October 18, 2012

For $5 I tried four great wines, along with delicious samples of cheese, soup and nuts, and keep my glass. Also, I payed an extra $5 to sample the ice wine with cheesecake (yum) and then received $5 off the ice wine.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

These guys are making good wine in Michigan. The vineyard and property are beautiful and the tasting room is very anviting

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We visited this winery while doing our own makeshift wine tour up and down the peninsula last weekend. Luckily for us, they were celebrating their Harvest Days so they had something special going on. For $5, you got to sample some of their wines paired with different foods. It was a really nice set-up. And they let you keep the glass--nice touch. Of the four wineries we went to that day, Brys Estate had the best wine. The cab franc and the merlot were OUTSTANDING. We also really liked the cab/merlot blend and the chard. Unfortunately, the weather was not very conducive to sitting outside and taking our time sipping our wine among the vines... Plus it was very crowded due to it being their harvest celebration. They do have a nice patio area and it looked like maybe you can sit outside by the parking lot if the weather is nice? I'm not sure. So the rain put a damper on our tasting there, but we still stuck around long enough to have a couple glasses of our favorite wines! I saved my tasting notes from there and I'll likely join their wine club. If you are planning a trip to Traverse City and you are serious about the actual wine, you have to put this winery on your travel itinerary with a big star next to it. (Also, I had to laugh at the reviewer who mentioned the mushroom and herb soup recipe, because I already printed it off and sent the link to assorted family members! ha)

1  Thank TLeo47
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was first exposed to the great wines that Brys produced on a wine tasting tour. The people at Brys definitely creates a boutique (Limited amount of cases produced) collection of fine wines. I first fell in love with the 2008 Cabernet Franc. Upon conducting business with Patrick and his staff he introduced me to the 2010 Cabernet Franc and its love all over again. The intense flavors and smooth finish make this wine one of the top ten wines I have ever tasted. I have been an avid wine connoisseur for many years and this wine definitely rates. Definitely worth the money. Thanks Patrick for the great selection and service you have shown me. Look forward to doing business with you again the next time you make it to Grand Rapids. Jeff Sweeris Grand Rapids, Mi.

1  Thank Jeff S