“Beautiful vineyard”

Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Brys Estate Vineyard & Winery. Spanning 91 acres, Brys Estate is one of the largest contiguous winery estates on Old Mission Peninsula. Opened in 2005, we're a family-run business that crafts wines from our 58,000 vines planted less than a mile from Lake Michigan. The Brys experience includes an old-world tasting room, unique Upper Deck with Bridge Above the Vines, and a barn-turned-guest house that offers panoramic views of the bay and Old Mission Peninsula.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Well worth the visit, lovely estate and relaxed tasting experience.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stopped here to do some tasting with my wife. The wine is fantastic and the staff were very helpful and pleasant. It's $5 for five tastes which is pretty much the standard at most wineries in the area (Chateu Chantal being the exception, their cost varies w/ the wine). We ended up purchasing four bottle of wine, so the $5 cost was deducted from the purchase. Definitely enjoyed this stop on our trip.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We love Brys mainly because we love their wines. We have been there several times, but our most recent visit was an amazing experience. I brought my husband up to Traverse City for his birthday. We came up with another couple. When we arrived at Brys, Erick from Brys met us at the door and explained that the tasting room was a bit full and asked if we would mind a private tasting in the barrel room. We were thrilled and joined one other couple in the barrel room. Erick is so knowledgeable and makes the tasting experience so much fun. He's also a great salesman. He ended up joining the wine club and, honestly, it's the perfect thing to do since the wines are so great. They are all good, but my favorites at this particular tasting were the Naked Chardonnay, the Pinot Noir/Riesling, and the Cab/Merlot. I REALLY wanted to try the Pinot Noir that is getting rave reviews, but there was none left. I do believe we'll get some as members of the wine club, but we had dinner at Stella that night and I got to have a glass there.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Good wine! Good cheese cake! Liked the pairings! Very beautiful room for sampling.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

My husband and I made a "wine run" up tp Brys Estate Vineyard and Winery on a Saturday in April, 2012. We had a lot of fun at our wine tasting and each bought a glass of wine to enjoy on their patio which overlooks the vineyard and bay. Linda, working behind the bar was, as usual, fun, informative and enthusiastic about the wines.