“Great Mexican food.”

Ranked #19 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Traditional Mexican and Latin American specialties served in a fun, lively and festive setting. Featuring the finest and largest selection of Tequila in the North and Michigan's best Margaritas.
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stopped at Red Mesa on a recent trip to Traverse City. We were highly impressed with the flavor and portions of the food. Our waitress was really nice and refilled our salsa 3x before our food came. Would recommend checking it out if your looking for some great food, and fast service!

1  Thank Cheriseslish

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Excellent food, service and environment. The greeters were excellent examples of customer service!! The food is high quality which seems to be the standard in Traverse City.

1  Thank learnedtraveler
Reviewed August 25, 2013

On a recent vacation trip, we found ourselves in Traverse City. We hadn't eaten Mexican food yet this trip so we chose the Red Mesa Grill which was not far from our hotel. We arrived a little after 7:00 and while the place was busy, we did not have to wait for a table.

The food was good - but not much different from most other places featuring Mexican cuisine. tonight. A tostada for my wife and pork enchiladas for me, with the usual sides. We share fried ice cream for dessert. With tax and tip: $40.00.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My family ate at the Red Mesa earlier this month, and I have raved about it on facebook already. I had the fish tacos, and I have to say, they were the best I've ever had. The margaritas were very good too. They had a nice kids menu - my son doesn't like Mexican food, and he was able to get corn dogs and fries here - which he said were excellent. I would go here again to eat in a heartbeat, and I would encourage others to give it a try. It's a good sign when there is a line out the door on a Monday night!

1  Thank ebaysarah
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Margarita one of the best I have ever had. You can even by the sour mix to take home. Food was excellent. Price was on par for other restaurants only downside no sights of TC while eating and location is a little out of the way but close to a ton of hotels.