“Bean cakes”

Ranked #19 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Traditional Mexican and Latin American specialties served in a fun, lively and festive setting. Featuring the finest and largest selection of Tequila in the North and Michigan's best Margaritas.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I do not frequent this restaurant as I would like, not sure if it is the location for me or the prices for bean cakes and rice. But when I do eat here, I love the quality.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This place is fun and has a very interesting menu. Love their salsa and enchiladas. We go here every time we visit TC and food and service are consistant.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had high hopes for the place. My wife and I went there a few nights back. The atmosphere is nice with a nice outdoor seating area and fireplace. I just was not a fan of the slow service. I don't think it was entirely our server's fault. I watched other tables and it was slow all around. They do have a lot of different options. It is nice that it is not just strictly Mexican food. They have some Central American and Brazilian dishes too. It was good food, but expensive. You had better go in with the expectation that you will be paying $13 for a burrito, etc. It is quite popular and I would not be opposed to going again if I were in town again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was a restaurant that my wife and I chose at random when we were looking for somewhere to eat and it was a great choice loved the food, the service was great and we loved the atmosphere. We will return anytime.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The food at Red Mesa was phenomenal! Known as Latin American fare, the food lived up to my expectations. The price of an average entree ranged from $13.00 to $20.00. For those individuals with special diets (i.e., vegetarian/vegan, gluten-free), there's something for you, too! (I'm a vegetarian, and there were a number of items on the menu; remove the cheese and most of those items become vegan.) The menu was extensive without being overwhelming, and the kid's menu offered many options for even the pickiest of children. Though I dined with a few friends, this restaurant would be great for families, as well.