“Good quality food and excellent service”
Review of Red Mesa Grill

Red Mesa Grill
Ranked #16 of 309 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Traditional Mexican and Latin American specialties served in a fun, lively and festive setting. Featuring the finest and largest selection of Tequila in the North and Michigan's best Margaritas.
Charlevoix, Michigan
“Good quality food and excellent service”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We have visited Red Mesa in Traverse City on many occasions. Sometimes just for the incredible margaritas and other times for a full blown meal. The quality of the food is consistently good. Always hot and fresh. The service is good as well and the margaritas are incredible. We never get the top shelf version as those are understandably a bit pricey, however, do opt in for the sugar free mix. The drinks are incredible every time. If you visit, try sitting in the bar area. There are several booths there and the atmosphere is a bit less hectic than the main dining area.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Rebel-Miles-Photo

Beulah, Michigan
“Good... Different Food”
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Folks, there are a number of features of Red Mesa to like. Barbara & I have been there a number of times since moving the the greater TC area. This place has one hundred types of tequila. (Trust me, we sat at the bar during the NCAA Tournament & I counted them.) They have a large selection of adult beverage drinks that should satisfy everyone. The menu is quite diverse, with many dishes being of Latin origin. And I guess that is my challenge with Red Mesa. The food is different. Barbara & I enjoy 'Tex-Mex' or 'New Mexico' style food. In my humble opinion, Red Mesa is more of an 'Original Mexican' or 'Central American' type of food. Example - tonight I ordered the 'Shredded Pork with Beans'. And that is what I received - tasty shredded pork with beans, topped with a white/green sauce. My reaction? "Where is the seasoning here? Where is the 'umph'/the spice (not heat) that I would expect at a Mexican restaurant?" I hope that this helps you evaluate Red Mesa Grill. Nice place... nice food... just not what I want. A tad expensive, too.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank JackEWadd
Michigan
“Excellent Mexican food”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We have visited this restaurant five times now in two years, and had great meals each time. Both years we managed to catch their Caribbean Celebration, which added a nice variety to their menu. They also have an extensive Tequila selection, if you enjoy sampling flights (I do). The service was friendly and prices reasonable.

If you happen to be staying in a hotel fairly nearby, there is a walking/biking path that runs behind the restaurant--a great way to avoid traffic and walk off a little of the dinner you just ate.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank drsm
bloomfield hill
“Yummy fried ice cream!”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

It was not too busy, probably because we were there the week before Christmas. I can imagine how busy it will be as ski season starts. Our waitress was very nice and helped accomodate our requests. I had a great seafood enchilada with a local microbrew. My DH tried the prix fixe menu, which he liked, especially the dessert. My son had tacos and we shared a giant Mexican fried cinnamon ice cream topped with chocolate habanero sauce. He loved it!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank raa a
Traverse City
“Like mexican, but tired of the same old thing?”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

The latin american fare at Red Mesa can be enjoyed even when you're tired of the other mexican restaurants. They are priced right, great food, and have (I'm told) excellent margaritas.