“Great Experience!”

and 1 more site!
Tamarack Lodge
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We stayed at the Tamarack Lodge the past weekend (April 20-23, 2012). This was a gift to my husband for his birthday. I choose the inn because it has a craftsman style feel to it and my husband loves that style. When booking our room my main request was to have a good view of the lake. The room I wanted was not available and the Tamarack Lodge staffer was extremely helpful in assisting me in finding something comparable. Imagine my glee when I called to confirm the reservation and found they moved us to the room I originally requested because it had become available! Room 503 is on the top floor with the largest balcony. Check in was easy. The room was beautiful. Very spacious and nicely furnished. We invited another couple to join us and they love the place, too. All the staff we encountered were very nice and helpful. The room was extremely clean and really had everything we needed. The master bedroom had a jacuzzi tub and although I love a tub, I don't usually like it right in the bedroom. I've had experiences in the past where the tub drips and keeps us up all night. The one was huge and we had not problems with it at all. We used it every night. Another plus is the fact that it is in the room and faces the window, you get a great view of the lake. Be aware: (and other reviewers have mentioned this as well) there is a drying cycle for the jacuzzi that seriously sounds like a jet taking off. Only lasts a short time, but if you are unaware of it, it could be kind of frightening.
We loved that there was coffee and tea available all day. Also, there is a recreation path about half a block away, so I could get in my morning run, come back to the lodge and grab a cup of coffee and go back to the room to shower. There were pastries available Saturday morning in the lobby area. Soup on Sunday afternoon. I was fine with no restaurant on the premises since Traverse City has so much to offer when it comes to food. There are a few grocery stores very close by if you want to cook in your suite.
Overall our stay was wonderful. We hope to come back someday and it will probably, once again, be in the off-season. Not only are the rates lower, but I can only imagine how crazy-busy the are in the high season and how crowded the beach and everything else can become.
We visited, as we always do while in the area, the Old Mission wineries. Go to Brys and hope that Erick is working. He's wonderfully knowledgeable and makes your wine tasting a blast.

Room Tip: I was unable to find suite floor plans on the site, but if you google "Tamarack Lodge floor pla...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank leezee63

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We rented a 2 bdrm, 2 (full) bath suite with large living room w/fireplace, dining area and full kitchen. From design to furnishing, everything was of quality. The staff was outgoing, the facilities spotless and the atmosphere family friendly. While there is no food service on site, the city abounds with eateries. This surpasses the normal hotel living.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank oldshad69
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed here over the weekend on a business trip as recommended by a colleague. We could not have been happier with the choice. Tamarack is a perfect place for those of you interested in a place with units that each have unique comforts, from lodge feel to board games. Our unit had a great view of the bay with a private balcony, clean fully equipped kitchen (minus oven), and rain shower (which is the reason our colleague recommended the hotel, it's amazing!). The staff was also very attentive, brought DVDs to our room, kept the place spotless. They do not yet have a gym or pool, but they will give you a pass to a local gym which was a fully functioning gym. We will return without a doubt, and it's too bad there aren't more Tamaracks floating around the world! We've traveled the world and this is the first time I've ever written a review. It's the first time I've felt a place deserved it. Hope this helps!

Room Tip: Rooms off season are a steal!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emperor175
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Wow. What a neat place to go, to relax. My husband and I found it by accident, 2 years ago... and fell in love with it. Our first time, we went in March ( still snow on the ground & lake was partially frozen - but we saw a huge white swan, while we walked the beach --- pretty mild) The view was so beautiful. The lodge had top notch everything, in our suite. We got the jr. king suite. Nice sized living room, 2 bedrooms, nice kitchen, 2 bathrooms (main, with his/her sinks and a jaccuzzi that over-looks the waterfront). Very clean, very peaceful.
We then went back in the summer. Beach was amazing (almost close to tropical), lots of shopping near by, lots of restaraunts to eat at...and Walmart near to get groceries for the fully stocked (with dishes,pots,pans...kitchen supplies) kitchen. Was great to wake up and cook a fresh breakfast, which we enjoyed eggs & bacon...with the view of the beach.
Has become part of our life, now :)

Room Tip: They're all great. If you are travelling with a large group...I would recommend the jr. king su...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Heather_MacDonald
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed here in February for our anniversary. One of the best places we have stayed. Enjoyed the all the amenities of home. The rooms are really beautiful and well cared for, if you like the mission style decor. We have only stayed in the winter months so you really have the feeling of staying in a lodge. The bay is scenic regardless of the month. We always say we would like to stay in the summer but the in season rate is too pricey for us.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kjteam
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My fiance and I spent a couple days in the beginning of November at the Tamarack Loge. The rooms are beautiful and very clean. We stayed in a one bedroom king with a jetted tube in the room overlooking the bay. Since it was off season the hotel was very quite. We paid half the peak season rate for the room ($150/night) and it was worth every penny. The room came fully equipped with everything you need to cook your meals including an electric skillet for cooking breakfast. The lodge is located about 5 minutes west of downtown TC. The one downfall is there is no pool. We would definitely stay here again unless we were bring kids because of the lack of pool.

Room Tip: You can get a better rate and room, if you are looking for a one bedroom king with a jetted tub, by...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IAHawkeyes99
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Booked a room at the Tamarack Lodge in Traverse City earlier this month. The website was easy to use and the following morning I had received an email from the property manager regarding special requests I had made. Very thorough and I was told I had booked the last room available. Upon arrival, we were professional greeted and found the lodge to be very welcoming and in excellent condition. We had a large corner room with an awesome view of the bay and their private beach. As the rooms are privately owned as condos, there was a kitchen and washer and dryer. Nice fireplace in the living room with a large tv and a nice private bedroom. I would definitely go back in the summertime.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business