“Good food. Not the best beer in town, but it's decent.”

North Peak Brewing Company
Ranked #29 of 320 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: North Peak is a fantastic brew pub with a culinary experience like no other. North Peak has burgers, seafood, steaks, pizzas and the best hand-crafted micro-brew around. Our restaurant is kid friendly and has something for everyone. You can head downstairs after dinner for live music at Kilkenny's Irish Pub in our lower level below North Peak. No need to go anywhere else! We have all the good food, fun, music and beer you will ever need all in one building. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I will start with saying I love Grizzly Peak and Jolly Pumpkin, but I HATE Kilkenny's (next door). So when my Fiance wanted to eat here, I was coming in with mixed emotions. In the end, it was a very enjoyable experience. I had a rib eye, and she had a chicken sandwich. I would say my biggest issue with the food was that the steak was not the star of the plate. The potatoes and asparagus were phenomenal, and the steak was ho-hum. And thin. I have never had such a thin, weak piece of meat. It was cooked properly, but it also needed salt. Her chicken was apparently amazing, but she did make it a point to mention to me (about 20 times) that the edges were burnt. Service wasn't terrible, but yet, it was very apathetic. I think we saw our waiter 5 times the whole meal, and we never got glasses of water. As to beer, I had an oatmeal stout, which was better than most of the beer I have had here previously.

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at North Peak Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Hi MrWizard54,

First, thanks for visiting, we are really sorry to hear that your experience was just ok! We want to ensure that all of our customers have an excellent experience, and we apologize that our standards, as well as yours, were not upheld. We'd love for you to give us another chance on your next visit. We are always adding new beers for you to try and if you experience a dining experience similar to your last, please feel to contact the manager on duty so we can make things right. Thanks again for coming in.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Great beer and even better food. Went with my wife over the summer, all of our food was delicious! Ordered the pub club and it was incredible. Cool environment as well...

Hi Tom M,

Thanks for coming in to North Peak this summer and for writing a review. We are always updating our menu and rotating our beers on tap. Follow us on Facebook for updates as to what's happening at the restaurant and new menu items. Hope to have you and your wife back this summer or during your next visit to Traverse City.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Loved the White Cheddar Ale soup. Walleye was delish and the service was very good. My mom had the Cherry Chicken Salad and the Grilled Chicken Pizza, it was all very tasty.

Hi emoryjean,

Thanks for visiting North Peak and for leaving a review. Our White Cheddar Ale soup is one of our most popular menu items and always a good go to. We strive to provide our guests with great service and tasty dishes, so I'm happy to hear you had a great visit. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Just ate with a large group at this Brewery. They have very limited choices for gluten free meals. They do not have a gluten free menu, but some information on gluten free choices, etc salmon, steak, salad. No potatoes, no desserts, no bread. The hanger steak I odered was good, but still a slight risk because it was marianted and had a slight gluten risk. The asparagus, although not a gluten free isssue, were the largest asparagus I've ever seen a resturant serve. (small asparagus are the choice here, not large) There are so many better choices in Traverse City that have much better gluten free options. I would hope this brewery might consider some more options in the future. (Try Bubba's or FireFly. Much better choice)

Hi Charlotte M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We apologize we were not able to meet your dietary needs as best as we could have. We strive to not only meet but exceed all our guests dining expectations. We hope you come back and dine with us again. If you do, please notify the manager of your Celiac dietary needs and we will have the cooks prepare something specifically for you, as many of our menu items can be altered for specific allergies. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Wonderful array of tastey food choices, but hard to hold a conversation because the acoustics are so bad. Great Beer by the way!

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at North Peak Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Hi vloomis5,

First of all thank you for visiting the restaurant and for leaving a review. We strive to provide not only a diverse menu and great selection of beers but a comfortable atmosphere for our guests. Our apologies that you found it difficult to hold a conversation while dining, we know it can get loud when we are busy. Feel free to request a table in the back room on your next visit and hopefully you will find it easier to hear your party. Thanks again for dining with us!