“Stay Far Away”

North Peak Brewing Company
Ranked #14 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: North Peak is a fantastic brew pub with a culinary experience like no other. North Peak has burgers, seafood, steaks, pizzas and the best hand-crafted micro-brew around. Our restaurant is kid friendly and has something for everyone. You can head downstairs after dinner for live music at Kilkenny's Irish Pub in our lower level below North Peak. No need to go anywhere else! We have all the good food, fun, music and beer you will ever need all in one building. Hope to see you soon.
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had terrible food. The ribs had no flavor just sauce with way too much vinegar in it. The waitress was indifferent. This was my second visit (once before in 2008). The manager was surprised and offended when asking for an honest opinion which was ehhh! I won't return. I should have called the health department. If you go and decide to call, then, I'd stand witness.

1  Thank Blackhawkjxx7
Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great food, great place. The pretzel crusted chicken is moist and crispy...good as a sandwich or entree. But the real star, in my opinion, is the cheddar ale soup. Cheesy with out being gloppy and just the right amount of beer flavor. Lunch on the deck is perfect on a summer day.

Management741, Guest Relations Manager at North Peak Brewing Company, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you so much for visiting NinnieG59 and taking the time to post a review of your positive experience. Glad to hear you love our Cheddar Ale soup as much as we do! It's perfect on these cold winter days. Your feedback and support is much appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Simply a great place to eat, drink and be merry. We went in the summertime and the 35 minute wait on getting a table was a pleasant surprise. Yes, pleasant because it gave us that much time to soak in some sun and try their excellent micro-brewed beers on the outdoor patio. Prices are agreeable and service even more agreeable. Once we were seated it was hard to choose between a fish dinner (fresh fish from the Great Lakes) or steak dinners. The cavemen in us caved and we both got steaks, medium-rare. My rib-eye was cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes had a flavor to die for. My wife got a long, thin, uncommon cut of steak, hanger steak, and it was cooked just right to medium-rare with unique flavors and texture. Hanger steak was almost more of a fibrous steak, stringy in a sense. Still very good. They were running a NY-Strip plus 2 fried fish dinner for $23 - which was a real good deal. In hindsight I wish she had got that.

Overall, this is a place I could eat at once a month if I lived in TC. But this one experience, biased as it may be since it was our 1-year anniversary, was definitely a hearty, meaty, beery meal worth writing home about. I highly recommend this place. Dinner if you like the crowd and noise. Lunch if you want to just start the day right. Also worth a mention is their list of excellent soups. Being summer, I did not have one, though they looked so yummy! North Peak Brewing, I will miss you until the next time we meet.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We came here to try the beer and enjoy dinner. The beer was okay. Our favorite was a seasonal brew, Peak de Garde. My husband ordered the porterhouse, which was excellent and I had the perch, which was also very good. The sides were good as well. The cheddar ale soup seemed mild compared to others I've had. The atmosphere runs more toward bar than restaurant. It was pretty loud and crowded.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

North Peak has become one of our must-stops when we visit Traverse City. I love the atmosphere and their craft beer is good plus the food is consistently yummy. My favorite? The cheddar ale soup with pretzel croutons. Mmmm