“Can't wait to get back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Antiquities' Wellington Inn
Ranked #4 of 19 Traverse City B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 29, 2010

The Wellington Inn was the perfect place for my husband and I to stay on our anniversary. It is absolutely stunning. Barb and Hank the hosts are so pleasant and welcoming. We felt welcome and comfortable the moment we walked in the door. The rooms are very nicely appointed in period furniture, but not overly decorated so that you are afraid to move around. It's perfectly done. Every room is just beautiful. The breakfasts are amazing and the dining room is well-situated for meeting other guests and sharing a nice breakfast. Everything is exceptionally clean and well thought out. The Inn is within easy walking distance to downtown Traverse City, yet you still feel tucked away at the Inn. It was quiet and peaceful - and perfectly comfortable. We can't wait to go back and stay again. It is by far our favorite bed and breakfast experience. We absolutely hated to leave. If you're heading to Traverse City for a getaway weekend this is the place to stay!

Reviewed June 21, 2010

The pictures don't do the Wellington justice. It is even more beautiful in person. Every room is decorated in stunning antique furnishings. It is large enough to not feel like you are sleeping in someone else's home but cozy enough that you never want to leave. The Inn keeper, Barbara was a pleasant and attentive hostess. Her thoughtfulness far exceeded my expectations. I have many food allergies and she and her staff went out of their way to make me special meals and buy me special snacks. The food was great...baked butternut squash with cinnamon apples and cherries, fabulous quiche, French toast, fresh fruit parfaits...the list goes on. Between the bubble bath in a giant antique tub, sitting out on the porch in the sunshine and all of the great stores and restaurants within walking distance it is worth every penny. I really have no idea why you would stay anywhere else...

1  Thank rlcbmw
Reviewed June 20, 2010

Wellington Inn is a great bed and breakfast located a short walk from Traverse City's downtown and waterfront. It is a perfect location to enjoy all that Traverse City has to offer, shops, restaurants, the beach and more. The Inn has been beautifully restored. Our room had every amenity including a large balcony and two person jetted tub in the bathroom. If you need more room, the carriage house offers two apartments as well.
I would definitely recommend treating yourself to a stay here!

Reviewed March 12, 2010

A group of us spent a wonderful weekend in Traverse City for the First Comedy Festival and had a great stay at the Wellington. The location is close to everything and Barb and Hank take care of everything for your stay. The Inn is very cozy and our room was spacious and made for a great getaway from Chicago. Breakfast was AMAZING too. We're all looking forward to coming back up there again for the movie festival too.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2010

From the moment we pulled up to Wellington Inn, I knew it was going to be a special weekend. Barb and Hank were gracious hosts-- extremely welcoming and eager to make our stay as pleasant as possible. Barb certainly knows her way around the kitchen, as breakfast almost looked too pretty to eat.... although we managed to clean our plates every morning! Our room was charming, warm, and romantic.... and I was sure to make use of the bubble jet bath in our private bathroom. The Inn was a short walk from downtown Traverse City, and peninsula wineries with breathtaking views were only a 10 minute car ride. We will definitely be back to this unique B&B!

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2009

We spent 3 lovely nights at the Wellington Inn. I had never even heard of Traverse City but my wife went to the University of Michigan and she has always wanted to vacation in northern Michigan so away we went. The city is wonderful and the Wellington Inn is the place to stay. As other reviewers have noted. the house itself is beautiful, classic, and endlessly interesting. The hosts could not be warmer or more accommodating from the moment you arrive until you pull away. Their breakfasts are delicious and so classy; even the staff serving are warm and gracious. We had dietary restrictions and Barbara prepared suitable, delicious entrees especially for us each morning. There are free snacks all day and even fresh brownies (if you're nice!) in the evening. She also put up coffee early . . . there is just nothing like sitting on the front porch with a steaming cup of fresh coffee watching the world go by. The inn is perfectly located, a few block walk to everything in the center of town. Pay a visit and tell them Loren & Mark said hello!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Everything comes together at this B & B. My spouse and I both have a general interest in older homes, but neither of us have a passion one way or the other for the particular era of this house. Instead, I was looking for a special place where other travelers had been impressed with the accommodations and service. I was not disappointed. The room itself (we were in the Vortruba room) was lovely. It is not oversized, just the right size, with a small attached bathroom. We both found the bed comfortable and, other than a thunderstorm, the house and area were very quiet. Just a block or two away are restaurants, coffee shops, and other stores. This was more important than I had thought, and we really enjoyed being able to walk to this area at night.
The service was wonderful. First, the host and hostess have great down-to-earth-but-friendly dispositions. Second, the guests' needs had clearly been carefully planned for. In a common area off an incredibly beautiful common room, there were homemade cookies as well as other store snacks so that no one will be hungry. There is also tea, coffee, bottled water and, if I remember correctly, wine, available at all times. Third, problems were dealt with effortlessly. I had booked a room the wrong night of a very busy season and did not realize it until I showed up. The hostess rearranged graciously as if the problem I created was barely a challenge for her. Fourth, breakfast was delicious, with my dietary needs accommodated nicely.
We paid considerably more for our stay here than we usually spend on a hotel, but it seems high season in this area is simply a pricey time to visit. My fear was that our experience would not justify the price, and that fear was put to rest. We both came away agreeing that this was a top-notch operation and that I had chosen wisely.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple