“Wonderful Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Antiquities' Wellington Inn
Ranked #2 of 18 Traverse City B&B and Inns
O'Fallon, Missouri
“Wonderful Stay”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I had never been to Traverse City, MI before, and stumbled upon Antiquities Wellington Inn via TripAdvisor. TripAdvisor had great reviews. We were not disappointed. The B&B is beautiful and very clean. The owners Barb and Hank were very kind and had interesting stories of the B&B's renovation. Our room was great and comfortable. Barb decorated the home herself and it is exquisitely furnished. Breakfast was fantastic each morning, and homemade cookies and snacks are available in the ballroom. Of note, we didn't realize they only had a two hour check-in period. It was clearly noted on our reservations, but somehow we didn't notice it. We loved this B&B and would have loved to have stayed longer.

1 Thank Margaret612

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Britton, MI
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We have never been to the west side of the state and our stay at the Wellington Inn was the first time we stayed at a B&B. It was truly a wonderful three days. Located two blocks from downtown Traverse City in a quiet neighborhood of gracious Victorian homes, the Inn is absolutely beautiful. All the rooms, from the common rooms to the bedrooms, are beautifully appointed with lovely antiques. The ballroom at the top of the house with it's stocked kitchen was a great place to relax at the end of the day. Barb and Hank are superb hosts and made every effort to make sure their guest enjoy their stay. They know their city well, and their recommendations for things to see and do, restaurants to visit, etc. were spot on. We thoroughly enjoyed our winery tour up the Mission Peninsula and our visit to Sleeping Bear Dunes. A wonderful breakfast was served family style to the guests every day and the overall feeling was that of sitting down with good friends even though you might have just met. If you are looking for a truly memorable experience, make the Wellington Inn your home away from home....you will not regret it!

Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is one of the nicest B&Bs we have stayed in. The house itself is gorgeous. The rooms are lovely, and filled with antiques. Barb and Hank are wonderful hosts, who made every effort to make out stay in Traverse City wonderful. Their restaurant recommendations were spot on.
The inn is in a perfect location, walking distance from anything you need, on a street lined with spectacular Victorian homes. You could not ask for a better B&B experience.

Southeast Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you're looking for generic, budget place to crash - book a hotel room. But if you're looking for a distinctive, home-away-from home experience - stay at the Wellington Inn. Here's why:

1. The SERVICE is friendly and unparalleled. The innkeepers live on site and know you by name. They are eager to make recommendations for area/seasonal attractions in the Grand Traverse area, to prepare food with your allergies in mind, and serve you in outside-the-box ways. (While rollerblading in the area, I took a spill that left my khakis bloody and dirty. Upon returning to the Inn to clean up, I asked Barb--the innkeeper--for a little bit of laundry detergent with which to treat my pants. Instead of giving me the detergent, she very kindly took the pants and laundered them herself! What an act of service/charity!)

2. The LOCATION is ideal. Wellington Inn is tucked into a serene, well-kept neighborhood, but still only a walk or short drive away from all of Traverse City's attractions. While staying at the Inn, my husband and I traveled on foot to the boardwalk/pier, the History Center, and Bubba's (for supposedly the best hamburger in Traverse City). We easily accessed a Beach Bums baseball game, wineries/vineyards tour (Old Mission Peninsula - offered by Bay to Bay Transportation), Moomer's Ice Cream, and Saint Francis Catholic Church by car.

3. No review of this bed and breakfast would be complete without mention of the fare. BREAKFAST was served by cheerful staff--some of whom are neighbors--in the house's historic dining room. Guests come to know one another over breakfast, which makes the stay more meaningful and memorable. The meals were well-portioned, delicious, and nutritious. I felt good about what I was putting in my body, and it powered my husband and me through an active day, sustaining us until dinner.

To the traveler looking for a unique, homey stay - my husband and I recommend the Wellington Inn unreservedly.

Room Tip: My husband and I honeymooned in the Grand Traverse area, opting to stay in the Inn's "Wools...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Wellington while on a driving trip around Lake Michigan. The Wellington is a wonderful home, very historic and in a beautiful area of Traverse City. The restoration of the home is wonderful and includes period furniture and furnishings.

The Wellington is ideally located within easy walking distance of the great restaurants and shops of Traverse City. The city itself was a highlight of the trip. We never expected such great gourmet restaurants in a city that size. Speaking of food, the breakfast at Wellington was fantastic. Beautifully prepared and locally sourced when possible.

Bottom line, both the Wellington and Traverse City deserve a visit. We'll be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Englewood, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a beautiful B & B with alot of history. It was a delightful place to stay. I would give this establishment a very high recommendation. My cousin and I enjoyed staying here this past winter (in February). I hope to return sometime and bring my husband. The rooms were furnished with everything we needed and the breakfast was superb!!! This was very much worth the $$.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Whidbey Island WA
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Wellington Inn is a perfect setting for enjoying Traverse City. The Inn is beautiful and comfortable, and Barb and Hank do all the right things to give their guests a memorable stay. The location is ideal and unmatched by other guest accommodations in T.C., very quiet and peaceful and within pleasant walking distance of the thriving downtown, an assortment of good restaurants, churches, the Court buildings, the library, the walking path along the Boardman River, and more.

Traverse City is my home town. I was traveling solo on family business, and wanted to be in a residential area rather than in a motel/hotel on a busy road. Antiquities' Wellington Inn was PERFECT.

Thank you, Barb and Hank!

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Spend time on the Inn's web site viewing the rooms to find the one that su...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo