“Stunning Home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Traverse City
Antiquities' Wellington Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Traverse City B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is one of the nicest B&Bs we have stayed in. The house itself is gorgeous. The rooms are lovely, and filled with antiques. Barb and Hank are wonderful hosts, who made every effort to make out stay in Traverse City wonderful. Their restaurant recommendations were spot on.
The inn is in a perfect location, walking distance from anything you need, on a street lined with spectacular Victorian homes. You could not ask for a better B&B experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you're looking for generic, budget place to crash - book a hotel room. But if you're looking for a distinctive, home-away-from home experience - stay at the Wellington Inn. Here's why:

1. The SERVICE is friendly and unparalleled. The innkeepers live on site and know you by name. They are eager to make recommendations for area/seasonal attractions in the Grand Traverse area, to prepare food with your allergies in mind, and serve you in outside-the-box ways. (While rollerblading in the area, I took a spill that left my khakis bloody and dirty. Upon returning to the Inn to clean up, I asked Barb--the innkeeper--for a little bit of laundry detergent with which to treat my pants. Instead of giving me the detergent, she very kindly took the pants and laundered them herself! What an act of service/charity!)

2. The LOCATION is ideal. Wellington Inn is tucked into a serene, well-kept neighborhood, but still only a walk or short drive away from all of Traverse City's attractions. While staying at the Inn, my husband and I traveled on foot to the boardwalk/pier, the History Center, and Bubba's (for supposedly the best hamburger in Traverse City). We easily accessed a Beach Bums baseball game, wineries/vineyards tour (Old Mission Peninsula - offered by Bay to Bay Transportation), Moomer's Ice Cream, and Saint Francis Catholic Church by car.

3. No review of this bed and breakfast would be complete without mention of the fare. BREAKFAST was served by cheerful staff--some of whom are neighbors--in the house's historic dining room. Guests come to know one another over breakfast, which makes the stay more meaningful and memorable. The meals were well-portioned, delicious, and nutritious. I felt good about what I was putting in my body, and it powered my husband and me through an active day, sustaining us until dinner.

To the traveler looking for a unique, homey stay - my husband and I recommend the Wellington Inn unreservedly.

Room Tip: My husband and I honeymooned in the Grand Traverse area, opting to stay in the Inn's "Wools...
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Wellington while on a driving trip around Lake Michigan. The Wellington is a wonderful home, very historic and in a beautiful area of Traverse City. The restoration of the home is wonderful and includes period furniture and furnishings.

The Wellington is ideally located within easy walking distance of the great restaurants and shops of Traverse City. The city itself was a highlight of the trip. We never expected such great gourmet restaurants in a city that size. Speaking of food, the breakfast at Wellington was fantastic. Beautifully prepared and locally sourced when possible.

Bottom line, both the Wellington and Traverse City deserve a visit. We'll be back.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is a beautiful B & B with alot of history. It was a delightful place to stay. I would give this establishment a very high recommendation. My cousin and I enjoyed staying here this past winter (in February). I hope to return sometime and bring my husband. The rooms were furnished with everything we needed and the breakfast was superb!!! This was very much worth the $$.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The Wellington Inn is a perfect setting for enjoying Traverse City. The Inn is beautiful and comfortable, and Barb and Hank do all the right things to give their guests a memorable stay. The location is ideal and unmatched by other guest accommodations in T.C., very quiet and peaceful and within pleasant walking distance of the thriving downtown, an assortment of good restaurants, churches, the Court buildings, the library, the walking path along the Boardman River, and more.

Traverse City is my home town. I was traveling solo on family business, and wanted to be in a residential area rather than in a motel/hotel on a busy road. Antiquities' Wellington Inn was PERFECT.

Thank you, Barb and Hank!

Room Tip: Each room is unique. Spend time on the Inn's web site viewing the rooms to find the one that su...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was our first stay at any B&B, and the Wellington Inn has set the bar high. The house itself is amazing. The attention to Victorain detail and elegance is impressive. Each room is unique and a joy to be in. The bedroom and bathroom were a glimpse into the past with modern conveniences that did not detract from the atmosphere. The bedding, towels, toiletries, and snacks were all wonderful surprises. The breakfasts were gourmet and not a simple continental affair. Downtown Traverse City and a variety of restaurants are a short walk away. Finally, Barb and Hank were kind and easy to talk to. We felt welcome from the moment we walked in the door until they saw us off two mornings later. We will definitely be back every summer.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The spacious home was gorgeous in every way. Our romantic stay was relaxing, filled with visual history, great hosts, and wonderful amenities. Walk into town to shop, eat or take in the sites of Traverse City.

A short stay here will create a lifetime of memories.

Room Tip: We couldn't find a bad location anywhere in the home.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple