“Authentic Italian ~ Super Service”
Review of Trattoria Stella

Trattoria Stella
Ranked #8 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My husband and I dined at Trattoria Stella Memorial Day weekend and did not have a reservation. The only seating available to us was at the corner of the bar and we decided to stay as the restaurant had come so highly recommended. Our server, Andy, made our seating arrangement more than great; in fact, we think of our space now as really fun!

We have lived in Italy and found the food here to be authentic and with a beautiful presentation. When checking over the wine menu, I did not see one I would readily choose. Andy came to my rescue and brought a Gavi wine for me to taste. This is miraculous as Gavi is one of my favorite white wine selections. Almost like he had known me! All of this attention to detail and while the restaurant is full on the busy holiday weekend and attending to others in the same quality fashion!

My husband and I both thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Stella's. The food was terrific and the service amazing. Hats off to the chef and Andy! Thank you for a memorable evening!

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

My family and I reside in the Chicago area and it was our 4th visit. Another outstanding meal. Sweetbreads for our appetizer were awesome and our waiter guided us through the menu. Wild boar, duck, veal chop, and pasta with beef cheeks were all flavorful. It is pricey and even with only a couple of drinks and no wine, it was over $300. It is worth one visit when we go to TC.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a must-eat for Traverse City - and has become a restaurant that my husband and I make an effort to get to every time we're in/around TC. Even if just for a cocktail and appetizer before the dinner rush (plan to make reservations ahead of time as it seems to be booked every time we go!). A great way to beat the dinner rush is to make it a lunch date and enjoy a house-made cocktail from a wide variety and selection and share a white pizza! They are truly to die for and I would argue even better than some of the white pizzas I had the pleasure of enjoying before in Italy.

1  Thank JennyK82
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Plan one of your evenings in Traverse City around a meal here - and make a reservation, especially if you are visiting during the film festival! There is something for everyone here, including vegetarians. Pastas are amazing, and we loved the fresh mozzarella appetizer. It's slow food, excellent service, and also LOCALLY SOURCED! I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank 468katherinec
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We are real foodies and like to eat at good restaurants.The quality far surpasses the prices.Everything was homemade, fresh and delicious. Although we had many wonderful choices, my daughter begged to go back the next day for lunch.We cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank just8keylimepie1969