“Amazing service with knowledgeable waiters, great food, and huge drink menu!”
Review of Trattoria Stella

Trattoria Stella
Ranked #8 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing service with knowledgeable waiters, great food, and huge drink menu!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My family and I went to Trattoria Stella for our final evening in Traverse City and we were so happy we saved the best for last.

Just a heads up - It's easy to get lost if you're following your GPS. It basically leads you into a campus but tells you that the address is somewhere other than where it is. Instead of going right, be sure to go left and the restaurant is actually in the basement so to speak. It feels odd walking in at first, but once you're in it's a lovely ambience that makes you feel like you're in the cellar of an old Italian wine house.

Make reservations as they do get busy! We went on a Friday night but had reservations and were grateful as it was packed.

The service here is phenomenal and our waiter was super knowledgable about the wines and the menu. They make their pasta fresh and I was so happy to see all the different options they had.

We started with the grilled asparagus with poached egg and the white pizza - both were delicious. Entrees were ordered individually, and I was glad to see that the portion size was manageable. I normally cannot finish an entire plate of pasta to myself, but I was able to here since it was the perfect portion.

Our waiter was able to accommodate my request get a simple angel hair pasta with tomato sauce. My mother-in-law got the mezzaluna which was delicious, and my husband got a mixed vegetable pasta and my father-in-law a meat dish which he wasn't happy about but it was sort of his own fault because he expected it to be a bolognese sauce which it clearly stated it wasn't. The waiter noticed that my FIL barely touched his food and was kind enough to take it off our check.

We will definitely be back here during future visits.

• Visited May 2014

Naples, Florida
“Absolutely the Best!”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Our recent trip to Trattoria Stella did not disappoint. The food was exquisitely and thoughtfully preoared from the roasted garlic white pizza to the grilled octopus with cannelini beans to the char-grilled asparagus with lemon zabaglione and a wonderful carafe of Nebbiolo. Heavenly!

Worthington, Ohio
“Local fresh fare”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Awesome chefs, Had Mache salad w/light lemony dressing. Had never heard of this lettuce before. Good size portion for lunch. Excellent attentive service with great suggestions on what to order.. We had mussels and homemade pasta. Great homemade desserts. Enjoy coming here when we come to Traverse city. They now have an additional new restaurant downtown called The Franklin.

• Visited June 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous meal”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Staff was very knowledgeable about the menu and the food was amazing. The tiramisu was as big as my head!

Visited June 2014
Michigan
“Wonderful gourmet lunch spot”
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

We've been wanting to try this place the last 2 times we came to Traverse City. The service is outstanding as the waitress kept refilling our wine for us from the carafe. The lunch menu is plenty to share and the price point matches the quality and style of food. We enjoyed the romaine salad and an opened faced ham sandwich dish. We could taste the local freshness in the food. According to the staff much of the meat is butchered in house and as much as possible all the food is local sources. Wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommend!