“Stay away from here! Its the cheapest for a reason!!!”

Traverse City MI Travelodge
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed August 23, 2008

This place is terrible. Spend your money somewhere else. The pool was dirty/smelly and just not a safe place. The room had paint falling from the ceiling. The room was dirty and musty. Then the price I was quoted was not given to me. I just wanted out of there as fast as I could get another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed November 26, 2007

We spent 2 nights here over the weekend following Thanksgiving. The rate was $50 a night, with the Holiday Package. We had a King room, with a whirlpool tub, first floor. Our room was very clean, the bed very comfortable with 5 pillows to choose from for use. The room was quite decent, compared to all of the negative reviews I had read before reserving it. The TV remote did not work properly, and the toilet wobbled some. All of the other things I consider important worked well: lights, plugs, TV, phone, shower pressure, water temp, heater (that really worked-we slept with the heat on low, and only with the top sheet on all night!), hot tub water jets/faucets, and the frig. They provided us with several towels upon request. The office staff was more than friendly and helpful, and the coffee in the office was excellent. We did not partake in the breakfast, so cannot comment on that. The motel was quite busy. Maybe they have change management since the last reviews were posted, or have read Trip and put some new service plans in place...anyway, I do recommend this motel for a "simple" place to stay, for that price. I would not pay much more, however.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tymetraveler222
Reviewed September 23, 2007

Please read!!! We booked our room, a king suite and when we arrived we were told that we have been upgraded, What a joke. We were put in the blue building off to the side of the hotel and seriously this building should not be in use. It was dirty, had spider webs every where, with spiders, it had little black bugs in the shower and in the pictures on the walls, like those you would find in an old library book, we had a couple crickets, the bedding was very old and stained, the valour blanket had white crusty stuff, not wanting to thank about what that was and it stunk like mildew, which not to mention all the mildew in the bathroom, peeling wall paper, and tub that would not drain. When we complained they told us that there was nothing they could do because we booked through Hotels.com. I will never deal with either company. I paid $100.00 for this room, what a joke!!! Please take me serious, I’m not only mad and venting, I am grossed out!!!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melissar_7
Reviewed August 12, 2007

I hate to say it -- but it was awful:

- they only had one of the two rooms we reserved
- very old amenities
- old beds springy with old sheets that did not fit and kept coming off all night (and smelled bad!)
- pool was like a large bird bath - very worn with paint chips everywhere
- was not even told there was a free continental breakfast (although may be a blessing)
- bad curtains on rooms that are right by the parking lot
- rooms reeked of smoke
- was not provided with tolietries and we had no tissue

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2007

We stayed at the Travelodge in Traverse City on July 26th through July 28th. The hotel is located close to downtown, but a little far away for walking to downtown. It was conveniently located to everything. It’s across the road from the bay. Decent price for this time of the year compare to other hotels in the area. In general, all the hotels are highly priced for this time of year.

The staff was friendly for the most part, except for the manager named Pat. He was very short with the guests and rude to me. He never seemed to be in a good mood and never even smiled at us. The rest of the staff were friendly and smiled and said hello. The continental breakfast in the morning was nice. The pool was clean and refreshing. The mini fridge in the room came in really handy.

I would recommend this hotel but watch out for the manager named Pat. My wife and I ended up joking about how rude he was. It became comical the degree of rudeness he exuberated. You just have to laugh about it and not let one person’s attitude ruin your trip. We really enjoyed our trip to Traverse City. You have to go out to Sleeping Bear Dunes and see Lake Michigan.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MichiganLuke
Reviewed July 14, 2007

Spent two nights here with my son for some golf at the nearby Grand Traverse Resort and it happened to be during the National Cherry Festival also. After a round of golf we came back in the evening to shower and were hoping to relax in the outside hot tub. The lever for the drain in the shower/tub, in the room, doesnt work and I had water up to my calves while I showered until i used my finger to pry open the plug. An informational sign in the room is also very misleading. it says adult swim from 10pm till 11pm. we got in the hot tub adjacent to the pool at 1005 and a manager came out and said the pool area, including the hot tub, is closed at 10pm. even tho there was nobody else there. I mentioned the sign in the room and she insisted on closing the pool and didnt know anything about a sign. Back in the room, the toilet wasnt bolted down very well and was like a rocking horse.The north stairwell to the second floor rooms isnt lit very well and could be an accident waiting to happen. The ice bin in the office, has a metal chain holding the plastic scoop, setting in the ice and that surely is not very sanitary, of course I dont think the management knows about that either. for the continental breakfast, there is one waffle iron so you have to wait your turn (there were 5 people in line waiting for that when I went to it.) not a bad place to get sleep but these are some things that could be looked at and changed or altered little by management for better hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank shrewdgrud
Reviewed June 10, 2007

If you're looking for luxury than definitely pass up the Travelodge, if you're just looking for a place to stay, it's a decent choice. There was nothing remarkable about our stay here, the first room we were assigned had a cracked window, after two phone calls to the front desk, we were given a different room. The check-in area was very smoky and very run down. Staff was friendly but seemed scatterbrained. Our room was average, but fairly clean, there was a lot of noise from other rooms and outside. The pool area loooked nice.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family