“Great Service”

Traverse City MI Travelodge
Ranked #18 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed here many times. The pool is now open and looks inviting. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. Melissa at the front desk has helped out with faxing documents and valuable local information. I recommend the TC Travelodge to anyone looking for a reasonably priced place to stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Watch out for the rocking toilet in room 144!

I work in the traverse city area regularly, the waitresses at JP's don't even bring me a menu!. Off season rates make the rooms 'acceptable', however I asked for a king room, was told none were available on the first floor.. OK... (even though I had one 2 weeks ago, and this is Mon-Wed).... then I asked for a fridge in my room as I am here for a several days... and was told it was a $10 charge per day...even though my co-worker got one at no cost. I have since acquired a great rate for our team at the Sleep Inn... 24hr pool, in room fridge and mike.. for less than we paid here, with a corporate offer. We will be staying there from now on.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The front desk staff when we checked in was very freindly and helpful. Room on first appearance was nice, bathroom could have been a little more clean. Found hair and dust bunnies behind the bathroom door. When water got on the floor of bathroom, remance of dirt showed as if the floor had not been mopped in a while.

Durning the night, someone in a near by room used their shower and sink and the sound of water running through the pipes in the wall was loud enough to wake us up.

Breakfast was satisfactory. You have the option of Bagles, Waffles, Ceral, muffins, Breads, Oatmeal, apples and Bananas. Coffee and Juice are supplied. There was also jams, butter and cream cheese but not peanut butter.

Pool and hot tub are outdoors. The pool was at a decent tempature and hot tub was was too hot.

A/C in room is located directly under the window in the room and when you turn on the A/C to blow, the curtains hang far enough down that the air circulates up the curtains and not out in to the room. You have to put items on top of the A/C to hold the curtains back so the air can get out into the room.

The lighting outside of the rooms are bright and the curtains do not close completly allowing that light to come in to the room. We need to prop items up against the curtains to block the light.

We were for the most part satisfied with our stay here.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My husband and I stayed in CONDO 308, for 7 MONTHS while looking for a home. Could not say enough about JOSH, WILLIAM, (Bill), and all other staff. Very courteous, gracious, and I would recommend the CONDO 's for anyone with family and guests along with you. Pool is right outside, fire pit, grill areas, PET FRIENDLY, (we did not have one) but upon observation, most guests had their pooper scoopers right with them. Important to me, as if I had a pet, I would most certainly respect that accountability of pet owners.

While I have read all the other reviews, parking should not be a problem in the summer, as the WHOLE HOTEL will be open and I am sure that many guests do not know how big the property actually is. I do not know who is talking about "a BEACH ACCESS RIGHT ACROSS THE HIGHWAY!" that is PRIVATE property. There are plenty of access areas, check out the maps located in the lobby. Plenty of restaurants, breakfast, lunch and dinner. It all depends on your wallet and if you know the area. This is certainly not the 4 SEASONS, nor is it a backroad hick motel...and I have traveled the country with my husband being in the military, and he is from CA, so have seen some of the best of the best places. For the money, you are close to everything, beaches, other small towns up and down the puninnsula, Charlevoix, Petoskey, etc....downtown TC and I do believe there is possibly a shuttle to the casinos if you like that sort of entertainment, and also some kind of designated taxi driver service for bar hopping, (only read about that,) then the wine tours, shopping all the boutiques, get your massage at anyone of the local or GTR resort, hair done, pick high or low, I recommend TRACY at Grondins, tried all around here, from $10 to $,250, and being from CALI I know a good stylist from bad.

Well, if you are not too tired yet, there is hiking, nature trails, biking, boat and jet ski rental, pontoon rental,( contact BRETT @ SUNSET WATERSPORTS (231-932-1800, tell him MARY ELLEN sent you!) and of course the CHERRY FESTIVAL.....then comes all the beautiful bounty of fall, colors abound with the harvest of vegetables, and the turning of all the leaves....totally exquisite the whole area, do not forget SLEEPING BEAR DUNES either!!!!

So, all in all folks, TRAVEL LODGE is a great place for your money when times are tough all over, centrally located and the staff has EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

The only thing I hope for in the future, they get laundy service on site, otherwise their is a convenient place right up on 8th street for all your needs.

M.E.KIMBRUE
mkimbrue@hotmail.com

Room Tip: Get CONDO 308, view of bay, right next to pool.
  • Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Perci57
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Hi....I am a repeat guest at Travel Lodge for two reasons,super friendly service, and great rates.I travel all over Michigan and use motels at least 4 nights a week, and I have found Traverse Cities' Travel Lodge, my favorite lodging experience.They always remember me when I call for a reservation,and go out of their way to reserve a room ,despite my late arrival times. Mellisa and staff are always very quick to help,and this makes registering a breeze. The Clean and Neat rooms are always appreciated,as is the new breakfast room. Thanks Again ..Michael (Mick) Adams

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank mck375
Reviewed May 19, 2011

very friendly staff and real good rates for the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank ttrevarrow
Reviewed March 25, 2011

I stayed there March 14th thru March 19th and I was surprised that after 10pm they had a phone outside if you needed to come in to microwave something. Also the tv I had to do a channel search with the remote in order to find something to watch plus the card that usually tells what channels are was not right such as channel 11 showed Showtime but actually it was the local channel. During the end of the week the parking lot filled up fast, I can see that happening being almost the weekend, and I really did not feel safe to be in the lot at night after parking my rental even though it was lit up pretty well.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
tctravelodge, Manager at Traverse City MI Travelodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I assure you we are reading these reviews and taking the necessary steps in correcting the issues you experienced. We strive to be a great hotel and not just ok. It is clear that we were not able to achieve our goal with your stay. I think it is important for you to know that while it is true that our lobby is locked after 10 PM we are still open and we do have staff on site 24 hours a day. We only so this in the winter time as we only have half of our property open. Beginning in May we will again have a 24 hour lobby with someone at the desk at all times. I hope you will give us another chance to prove to you that we can be a lot better than OK. I would like to make this better for you. If you would like to discuss how we might be able to make this up to you feel free to call me directly at any time. Thank you again for your comments.

Josh Thomas, GM