“Funny Feeling”

Amical
Ranked #7 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Zanesville, Ohio
“Funny Feeling”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I dined solo at Amical for lunch. I ordered a chicken pot pie and water. My male waiter seemed to be friendlier and more attentive to other patrons. He had neglected to describe the specials to me.
I had intended on ordering coffee with dessert (Crème Brulee) that someone had recommended but I felt so uncomfortable I decided to forego it and leave.
I just felt like the waiter saw me as a solo person, not worth his time like the other larger groups with four patrons ordering bottles of wine. I did tip him well.
The pot pie was excellent. Savory.

Do others ever have this experience while dining solo?

• Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
ann arbor, mi
“Lovely lunch”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My first visit and happy with the choice. Had a blackened salmon Caesar salad and the house smashed cherry vodka cocktail and both were delicious and very well prepared. My salad was so big I was going to take half home but ate the whole thing because it was so good. A little pricey but well worth the quality and care put into the preparation. We will definately come back again next time we are in town!

• Visited August 2013
Louisville
“disappointed”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Heard so many good things about this restaurant, was really disappointed by the food quality and by how crowded the place was. Our tables were so tight we couldn't even get up to use the restroom, and the food, while good, certainly was nothing special. Really expected something more.

• Visited July 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“My favorite”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Simply my favorite restaurant in Traverse City. The atomosphere is cozy yet not too provincial. The food is interesting and delicious, and the costs are reasonable.

Visited July 2013
Crystal Lake, IL
“Enjoyable Meal With Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had read about the chicken pot pie and while it was not on the dinner menu our server was able to accommodate us. It was outstanding. What was even better than the meal was our server, "509 Chloe." (Got this info from my receipt) I only hope that the management of this restaurant realizes what a gem they have in this young lady. This was our first time visiting this restaurant and we don't know this server personally, but my wife and I agreed that she handled everything in a most professional manner even though very busy. The food was good, but it was this server's attitude that would bring us back to this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013