“pleasant surprise”

Amical
Ranked #7 of 308 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Columbia City, Indiana
“pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Found this while literally driving through the boonies! We had a late lunch outside. A little pricey but the atmosphere was worth the price. Waiter was exceptional.

• Hebrew first
East Lansing, Michigan
“Friendly staff, but so-so food”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

A friend recommended Amical to us. She described it as southern French cooking. I wasn't impressed by the crab cakes or roasted chicken. None of the flavors were memorable, but the food wasn't horrible either. At least the meals weren't exorbitantly priced.
Beware: toddlers & large table cloths don't go well together. My toddler kept pulling on the table cloth to see the glasses of water shift around.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“A Real Serendipity”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

On our first visit to Traverse City we asked for restaurant recommendations at our hotel. They recommended 2 places in the downtown area and we chose Amical...and boy are we glad we did! The decor and ambiance were charming. We were so impressed with everyone at the restaurant - from our waitress Jamie, the polite and helpful busboys, the efficient and focused manager to all the various chefs. The wine list was amazing. But all of this wouldn't really matter if the food wasn't good...and it was FANTASTIC! My husband said the whitefish with the fresh herb crust was the best he'd ever had. And the last time I had such delicious ravioli was in Orvieto, Italy!
Amical is a must if you live in or visit Traverse City.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You call that chicken?”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had ordered a chicken Caesar salad expecting to get a grilled chicken breast on top of my salad. But instead I was thrown off by the processed white meat like substance sitting on my salad. I was highly disappointed.

Also disappointed that the menu showed no local/seasonal flare to it. This area, in the middle of summer has wonderful farms around with tons of produce avaliable. Think about supporting your local farms.

1 Thank farmtofire
The Villages, Florida
“We were surprised at how delightful this place is”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Glad we ate early and had a reservation. Amical is a popular restaurant and it should be. The menu is diverse. My crab cakes were awesome and my husband raved about his pork tenderloin. The bread is delicious and the wine list is very good. My soup was freshly made and well seasoned. Our table was toward the back which made for a quieter meal which we enjoy.

Visited June 2013