“Still One of Our Favs for Brunch and Dinner”
Review of Amical

Amical
Ranked #6 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our fav server is Joy (and she is just that... besides very professional); our fav table is in the back of the restaurant looking out on the bay and the river activities ( just look past the parking lot) and our fav Brunch libation is their Bloody Mary (ask for light on the heat). Now to the food - their almond croissants are wonderful but wicked so limit to once or twice a yr). Prefer their omelets made with egg whites ( always willing to sub egg whites for whole eggs). Had their whitefish special two weeks ago and it was delicious. We try to go once a week but upcoming Cherry Festival crowds may influence our decision to skip a week so some lucky visitors can enjoy.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

It seems that Traverse City doesn't have a lot of restaurants right in town with outdoor seating... and this is one of the few restaurants that does. Amical has a nice little patio. Thankfully, we were able to get a table outside as the air conditioning was on way too high in the restaurant. We enjoyed this restaurant, though were a touch surprised when we were told that they were out of the chicken that my husband ordered. Instead, the waitress suggested a different chicken dish that was 50% more than what he ordered initally. Now, we are not poor, but we are also pretty frugal as we save for our kids' college; personally, I think when the restaurant runs out of a dish, they should match the price on another similar dish or something - at least find a more suitable replacement that does not cost 50% more. In the end, my husband ordered the ravioli and enjoyed it. I ordered the Tomato Bisque en Croute and a salad. I enjoyed the bisque... but it lacked something. It was a pale pinkish color and not very appetizing looking. I think it could have used more red [like tomato red?] and more herbs. The taste was fresh, but not great. It seemed to me that the "croute" did not go with the bisque. Though the pastry shell was tasty, it did not complement the bisque. To my palate, a beef or chicken-based soup would better pair with the pastry shell. All in all, we did enjoy our meal here.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Dinner on 6-10. This seems to be a popular eating establishment. Although we enjoyed our meals, I'm not sure I would return. Nothing really wrong, Good, friendly service. Well prepared & presented food. Maybe we were seated to close to where the wait staff prepped, but in general it seemed to lack atmosphere. We love trying new dining experiences & don't mind spending for an enjoyable time, but this did seem to be a little pricey.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I tried to get into Amical one evening several weeks ago following a movie, but without a reservation, the wait was longer than the time we had. I wanted to return. We reserved a table this past weekend, and we were pleased to have been seated 10 min. prior to our arrival time. It was a great experience. We received kInd greetings upon arrival /w fresh bread and a bountiful olive tray before us.

Our server, Jess, was wonderful in explaining the dishes and specials. My wife had the Amical Salad, and herbed polenta cakes. I chose the seafood special of the day - Broiled halibut w/ parmesan risotto and an arugula/w guacamole/grape tomato salad. Dessert was a chocolate and peanut butter mousse torte. Everything was beautifully plated and served. We were very pleased with the quality and presentation of our dinners.

Best ever (other restaurants, take notice) was the way every staffer - waitstaff, hostess, busstaff - thanked us on our way out for being there. That was most appreciated by us that they, in turn, appreciated our being there.

Will we be back? You bet! I'm planning to be a regular customer here in Traverse City.

.Deessert seserrt guacole

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is an absolute must for fine dining in Traverse City! My wife and I were recommended to dine here on our Honeymoon last summer, and it was fantastic. We make sure to go here everytime we are in TC. The menu options were appropriate for the season and reasonably priced to other fine dining establishments in the area. Portions are appropriate too. I can't wait until we're back in Traverse City and dining at Amical!