“Lovely patio seating”

Amical
Ranked #7 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Plymouth, Michigan
“Lovely patio seating”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

It seems that Traverse City doesn't have a lot of restaurants right in town with outdoor seating... and this is one of the few restaurants that does. Amical has a nice little patio. Thankfully, we were able to get a table outside as the air conditioning was on way too high in the restaurant. We enjoyed this restaurant, though were a touch surprised when we were told that they were out of the chicken that my husband ordered. Instead, the waitress suggested a different chicken dish that was 50% more than what he ordered initally. Now, we are not poor, but we are also pretty frugal as we save for our kids' college; personally, I think when the restaurant runs out of a dish, they should match the price on another similar dish or something - at least find a more suitable replacement that does not cost 50% more. In the end, my husband ordered the ravioli and enjoyed it. I ordered the Tomato Bisque en Croute and a salad. I enjoyed the bisque... but it lacked something. It was a pale pinkish color and not very appetizing looking. I think it could have used more red [like tomato red?] and more herbs. The taste was fresh, but not great. It seemed to me that the "croute" did not go with the bisque. Though the pastry shell was tasty, it did not complement the bisque. To my palate, a beef or chicken-based soup would better pair with the pastry shell. All in all, we did enjoy our meal here.

• Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
Sunrise Beach, Missouri, USA
“Wish I could rave”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Dinner on 6-10. This seems to be a popular eating establishment. Although we enjoyed our meals, I'm not sure I would return. Nothing really wrong, Good, friendly service. Well prepared & presented food. Maybe we were seated to close to where the wait staff prepped, but in general it seemed to lack atmosphere. We love trying new dining experiences & don't mind spending for an enjoyable time, but this did seem to be a little pricey.

Visited June 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Creative food and outstanding service”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I tried to get into Amical one evening several weeks ago following a movie, but without a reservation, the wait was longer than the time we had. I wanted to return. We reserved a table this past weekend, and we were pleased to have been seated 10 min. prior to our arrival time. It was a great experience. We received kInd greetings upon arrival /w fresh bread and a bountiful olive tray before us.

Our server, Jess, was wonderful in explaining the dishes and specials. My wife had the Amical Salad, and herbed polenta cakes. I chose the seafood special of the day - Broiled halibut w/ parmesan risotto and an arugula/w guacamole/grape tomato salad. Dessert was a chocolate and peanut butter mousse torte. Everything was beautifully plated and served. We were very pleased with the quality and presentation of our dinners.

Best ever (other restaurants, take notice) was the way every staffer - waitstaff, hostess, busstaff - thanked us on our way out for being there. That was most appreciated by us that they, in turn, appreciated our being there.

Will we be back? You bet! I'm planning to be a regular customer here in Traverse City.

.Deessert seserrt guacole

• Visited June 2013
Hastings
“Best fine dining in Traverse City”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is an absolute must for fine dining in Traverse City! My wife and I were recommended to dine here on our Honeymoon last summer, and it was fantastic. We make sure to go here everytime we are in TC. The menu options were appropriate for the season and reasonably priced to other fine dining establishments in the area. Portions are appropriate too. I can't wait until we're back in Traverse City and dining at Amical!

• Visited May 2013
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Cookbook Series”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were there in March for Vij's cookbook series. We showed up 1/2 hour before closing on a Sunday night and they welcomed us with open arms. Extremely friendly staff. Nothing was off limits for dinner. I started with the signature soup, brussel sprout appetizer, duck dinner and rice pudding for dessert. Everything was very flavorful and cooked to perfection. The wine selected was a perfect match. My wife and daughter who have turned noses at every bowl of mussels other than my own gobbled down 2 servings of Amicals, very impressive feat. The spiced almonds while waiting for dinner were a nice touch. And do yourself and do not leave without one of there wonderful caramel apples, the best in the city by far!

• Visited March 2013