“Downtown gem.”

Amical
Ranked #5 of 320 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The food is always good, and it is fun to set out front in the summer time and watch people. This is my wifes favorite place to meet her friends downtown.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Nice restaurant. We go often. Modified French cuisine. Best for simple French food. Good deserts. Soups ok. Main courses very good

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I usually enjoy Amical a great deal. But the last couple visits, as part of their "cookbook series" have left us, well, underwhelmed.

The result has been more disappointment than dislike. Our most recent experience, in which they prepared foods from a selected Indian cookbook were bland and underseasoned. It's too bad, too, as the menu descriptions promise so much, yet accomplish so little. Two examples: my wife opted for the pork tenderloin with fig. The taste (and presence) of fig was virtually indistinguishable in the sauce, and the pork, though tasty and tender, had little Indian flavor to accompany it. I, meanwhile, opted for the beef brisket in a cinnamon-red wine sauce. The brisket, like the pork, was well-prepared but more like an excellent pot roast than offering hints of any ethnic-specific cuisine, or the seasonings described in the selection's title.

Perhaps it was their choice of recipe selections from the books. I doubt they're dumbing the seasonings down for the diners. But, all in all, based on the last two experiences, I'll wait for this annual cookbook series to end and their more solid menu staples once again return before coming back to this usually reliable restaurant.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I along with our friends just ate at Amical for the start of the annual restaurant week in TC. We all had wonderfully prepared meals. Wife and I had the skewered shrimp to start, salmon as entree and cobbler and cannoli for dessert. Friends had the pancetta to start, pork for entree and I don't recall their dessert. But again all was wonderful, service was prompt but not overly friendly, but we'll be back anyway.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped for late lunch after a movie. Extensive menu, with very diverse selections. We each a cup of soup. My wife loved the tomato basil. I got a sweet potato wit chipote peppers, it too was great. Had a subtle heat. I chose the chicken pot pie, Andrew our server said it was on of the big sellers. After one bite I knew why. Great veggies, seasonings and big chicken chunks. My wie chose a mushroom, spinach and chevre. It was also outstanding. Service was fast and friendly. Every time we stop we say we need to return more often.