“Excellent meal”

Amical
Ranked #7 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of downtown Traverse City overlooking West Grand Traverse Bay, amical has been offering eclectic European cuisine to our dining patrons since 1994. Order from creative and revolving menus, fresh selections prepared in our open kitchen and served in the cozy dining room or on our vibrant street-side patio. Experience the local flavor, dedicated service and consistent reputation that has kept amical a favorite for over 20 years.
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Had a great meal here. Very inventive menu. Meat and fish dishes were all excellent. Great desserts as well. Service was a bit slow.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love eating here, great Whitefish! This is a wonderful stop in downtown TC for delightful, well prepared Whitefish. They have many other excellent dishes on the menu. Desserts are some of the finest in town. A definite stop when on Main Street!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice, upscale casual restaurant. I ordered a chicken dish which had been over-salted, and our server very cheerfully exchanged it for their stuffed acorn squash dish. That one was to die for. We tried to walk in on a Saturday night in September and without a reservation, would have had to wait 2 hours to be seated in the dining room. Luckily a table on the patio opened up sooner....so I recommend reservations. This is a popular place.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Great downtown restaurant. If you are lucky enough to face the window out back, you can view the water. Great service and food!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Had been on vacation for the last week in Suttons Bay, just north of downtown TC. We had planned on dinner at another restaurant, but It didn't work out. We had considered Amical a few days earlier because the menu looked appealing but didn't make it. So tonight when we arrived it was super busy with an hour wait but immediate seating at a high bar table so we took it since it was just my husband and I. We were waited on right away and definitely had the attention of the staff. My husband had the large order of French onion soup which was so good and uniquely flavored. I had the apple walnut salad that was delicious with a gorgonzola dressing, yummy. Usually my husband wants what I order, but not tonight. He got the hanger steak, and he says it's one of the best meals he ever had, and we have tried many unique places. I was amazed by the perfect way it was cooked and the sauce that just added to the flavor of the meat. I ordered the pork shank and it was good, but no comparison to that steak. Now I had dinner envy. Too full for dessert and that was ok, although the choices were many. We chatted off and on with a lovely and friendly Michigan couple which only added to our dining experience. An absolutely must try. Enjoy.