“My favorite place to stay in Traverse City, MI !!!”

Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This is our second time staying here and it was GREAT !!! The view from the room is so beautiful. Loved the room, it was very spacious and the decor was very nice. I really think it was one of the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in !!! This room has everything you need to enjoy your stay !!! Love, Love, Love !!'

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Bummaj

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was a last minute trip so we could not get into our regular hotel so decided to try something new. It was a very pleasant surprise. This is a motel style setup with the doorways open to the parking lot with three stories. We stayed in a king room. It was clean and very large. The bathroom set up was a little odd but completely functional/ It had nice little extras like a microwave, refrigerator, hot tub, sleeper sofa and a deck with a beautiful view of the lake. There was a small continental breakfast that we chose to forego but it would have been adequate to get my day started. It was a little chilly to be out on the beach but in better weather it would be a lovely place to hang out and play in the sand and water. We did hear our neighbors come in at night but they quickly quieted down

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Nice view, room was clean and SMELLED CLEAN. Looked like they had updated some things in the room recently. Staff didn't change the sheets, just made the bed in the morning. Had juice, yogurt and mini-muffins for breakfast. Staff was helpful about area attractions. The only drawback was that we could hear road noise in the room, but after a day outside, a soak in the tub and a comfortable bed it wasn't hard to sleep. The fridge and microwave were nice to have in the room. Also, the room had heat registers, not a heating/cooling unit so this made it very quiet when the heat came on.
All in all a very nice place to stay and for the price at the time it was a good value.

Room Tip: If it's during a time when the pool is open, be aware that it is outside nd open late. This may...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!! My husband and I had just stayed the end of September for my 40th birthday and our Anniversary. I can't say enough about the friendly staff and cleanliness of the room, lobby and even the outside appearance of the Hotel in a whole. The Beach is clean and calming, with beach chairs to lounge on. The pool was clean and heated to a great temperature for a nice night swim. We had gone one day and ventured up Mission Point Penisula to a few winery's and also drove up to Mission Point Light House and ventured out to see the sights were amazing and the winery's we went to were great! I would definately take the time enjoy the winery's and what Traverse City has to offer. In September while we were their the colors were coming out on the trees and we had a wonderful Indian summer!!! Could not have asked for a better vacation for my birthday and our anniversary!!

Room Tip: We love to stay in the West tower on the third floor. Nice and quiet and a great view of the East B...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We've been staying here for years because we enjoy that every room has a view, a little balcony and a two person jacuzzi. Also reasonably priced. Each room is someone's condo and different. Some drawbacks: you'll want to go somewhere else for breakfast (they used to have great doughnuts but now it's more like bargin doughnuts) and the pipes thump all night in the winter.

Room Tip: Highest floor so no one is walking around above your head.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at Pointes North many times, and I must say that we enjoyed previous stay's. However, Labor Day weekend I was uncomfortable with our check in. First of all I spoke to the front desk staff and no one replied. A male intern waited on me and reviewed the policies and inform me not to smoke, no pets allowed and to make sure I left the TV. I replied, we do not smoke, we did not bring any pets and we have TV's at home. I left a message for the GM to contact me, of course he didn't. The day we checked out, I was able to speak to him and all he said was that the intern was doing well and he had never heard him say anything of the sort before. He denied getting a message that I wanted to speak to him and said he would talk to the intern. My husband spoke with the housekeeper who stated "people in TC can be snobs". By the interns remarks it appeared that he thought it would be necessary to inform a certain group of people to not take the TV. If North Pointe staff meant to offend me, they did a good job. My husband and I do not plan to return. Way to go Pointes North!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Keran23
Chris G, General Manager at Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. First let me apologize to you for failing to meet your expectations. Our goal is to exceed our guests expectations and we failed. I will share your review with our entire team. We would hope you would give us another chance.

Chris Gorence

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Pointes North has be my husband and my choice for a weekend get-away in Traverse City for the last 12 years! The staff have always been very pleasant and friendly. Over the years we have stayed in various rooms, all of which offer fantastic views and comfortable accommodations. We love the location so much, our children now buy us gifts certificates for our yearly anniversary trip! =)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple