“So much potential!”

Bay Town Kitchen
Ranked #184 of 298 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Traverse City
“So much potential!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Would it be that difficult to offer a menu, hire professional waitstaff and serve food? You would think not. This place has failed in so many ways. I've eaten in this place off and on for 15 years. Please hire adults, serve lunch promptly and come up with a simple menu. Chefs at downtown restaurants can take chances. At this location, stick to the tried and true!

Visited April 2014
2 Thank JohnnyHHHHH

Traverse City, Michigan
“Worst place in Traverse City”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I ate here once and was not impressed at all; the service was horrible and the food not much better. The prices are outrageous for what you get: Really? $7.95 for French Toast!!!! I was told because it had fruit on it. I asked for price without fruit, because I didn't want fruit anyway, it was still $7.95. Ridiculous.
A few month's later I purposely visited this place again to see if it had improved. Nope! Just as bad if not worse than before. I even wrote a letter to the management expressing my concerns, never got a reply.
Avoid this place if possible, even McDonalds is better and I'm currently boycotting them because they are so bad (Traverse City area McDs only).

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Eric O
Macomb, Michigan
“Avoid the Chicken Soup. Felt I was on an episode of Kitchen Nightmares”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We where trying to go to Gorgeginas and made a wrong turn and passed it. Instead of turning around we decided to eat at the restaurant in front of our hotel. Which I was worried about to begin with as it looked sketchy. We walked in and I got that instinct that this is a bad idea. I begged our party to let's go somewhere else. I wanted to run to the hotel and just order a pizza. You know a Resturant is bad news when they have all you can eat for Fish and Chips for 11 dollars. Their restaurant is huge and only 5 tables were occupied when we walked in. The menu is horrible. My wife ordered the Chicken Soup and Buffalo Tenders. She had one slurp of her Chicken Soup and immediately spit it back up in her napkin. Seeing my wife do this worried the rest of our party. In 6 years, I have never seen my wife do this once. We thought we were all going to get food posioning and die. The sliced Beef Brisket sandwich was eidble. Notice I did not say good. My mom said her fish and chips were good and my dad said his BLT was good. My wife's face was still green as she ate her Buffalo Tenders. If we all wake up tomorrow we will laugh about this experience for years. Avoid this restaurant at all cost.

• Visited August 2013