“AMAZING DAY! Old Mission”

Grand Traverse Adventure Co.
Ranked #45 of 115 things to do in Traverse City
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had the best day ever and our tour guide Chris was "the man".
It was nice that the four of us had the Saturday tour to ourselves so that we were all on our own time. Chris never rushed us and followed completely with our schedule and what we wanted to do. He was very friendly and I feel like he could get along with anyone as we truly enjoyed his company. In the 5 1/2 hours we had in the tour we were able to get through all 7 nice wineries on the Old Mission Peninsula. On top of this, Chris came stocked with snacks, water, wine boxes (for any purchases), and a very very nice camera that he used to take pictures of the four of us at every winery we went to. He then sent these pictures to our emails. The service was fantastic, and I would reccomend this to anyone looking to hit a boat load of wineries and not risk the DUI. We will always remember our amazing tour in Traverse City wine country thanks to Chris, Bob, and Hrand Traverse Adventure Company.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I scheduled a tour with this company WEEKS in advance and everything had been confirmed. The day before I called just as a final confirmation and left a message regarding what time we would be there. We drove up from lower Michigan so it was a 4 hour drive and we came specifically to do a wine tour. They called me the morning of the tour when I had already driven 4 hours to say they had to cancel. That was it...that was all he had to say, so I asked for referrals or suggestions since he was canceling at the last possible minute. He gave me phone numbers for other tour companies (which were all booked weeks prior by the way).

I was asked if we could do the next day. No, we can't, which is why we scheduled it for today. We received a phone call with an apology regarding the extremely last minute notice, and we were even offered a free tour for the following day. We were driving back the following day, so that wasn't helpful. We ended up booking with By the Bay Tours and they were excellent given our last minute need for assistance. This type of service is just unacceptable, and I don't recommend this company at all. TERRIBLE.

Bob L, Owner at Grand Traverse Adventure Co., responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2014

Sorry I have been late to reply to this review. And, to be honest, I don't fault the anger and disappointment they felt when we had to cancel the tour last minute. I would have felt the same way. As a very small company, we were put in a terrible position that day when the guide's wife became very ill and required hospitalization. They also have a young son - 18 months old at the time - and it was just not possible for the guide to conduct the tour. We all felt AWFUL having to cancel the tour and understand that offering a free tour in the future did nothing to help them on their trip to Traverse City. We learned from this mistake and are continuing to grow and offer our guests an experience we feel that can't get anywhere else. I feel our other reviews here and on other sites like Yelp prove that point. This is the only negative review we have received and we deserved it. But while we are awesome, we are human too. And if the reviewer EVER wants to give us another go, the tour is on me, Bob, the owner! That offer stands as long as we're in business. And I hope we get the chance to right this wrong and share our passion, knowledge and love of Northern Michigan with the reviewer sometime in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

What an awesome trip we had with Bob! He picked us up right on time at our hotel and then picked up another couple and we set out for a 5 hour long trip to different wineries. We visited: Shady Lane Cellars, 45 North (delicious pear cider), L. Mawby (the "Truckin'" is fabulous- and part of the profit supports local food banks), Tandem Ciders and 2 others. Bob's experience and enthusiasm for wine and cider made this trip. Bring some extra money with you or some extra self-control because you will want to take home a bottle at every stop:) I highly recommend Grand Traverse Adventure Company!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I'm so glad we did this! It wasn't part of the original plan, but I found a groupon for it and we went for it. Our driver picked us up right at our hotel and we shared a large van with 3 other couples. He drove us to 4 or 5 different wineries on Old Mission Peninsula. The views as we were driving were spectacular and the views from some of the wineries were equally beautiful. Each winery had a small tasting fee and some were better than others, but it was tons of fun to try out the different wines at each one and enjoy the scenery. Our favorite was Brys. We ordered a cheese plate and an extra glass of wine here and it was delicious.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

What a great experience. Owner Bob Lovik did a wonderful job giving his wine tour.
Went to 5 wineries in Leelanau. Hotel pickup at 12:30 and back 5:30. Visited the following wineries
Willow Vineyards, Shady Lane Cellars, 45 North, L. Mawby and Chateau Fontaine.
This tour exceed all of my expectations.
Bob can be reached at 231-735-9135.
web site is
www.GrandTraverseAdventureCompany.com
I used capitals only to separate words.

1  Thank Diane S