“Best french toast of my life”
Review of Frenchies Famous

Frenchies Famous
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 9, 2014

This is such a small restaurant and doesn't look like much from the outside but we were SO glad we got the recommendation to go. We intended to just get coffee/tea but then we smelled the deliciousness coming from the tiny kitchen. We then added two cookies to our order....then we decided to sit in stead of taking it to go. Still overcome by the aroma, we broke down and ordered an order of the French toast. It was quite large. Glad we shared. We ate outside and had an amazing meal.

There are newer reviews for Frenchies Famous

Reviewed August 4, 2014

For our first time visiting Traverse City, we asked a few of our friends from TC for breakfast recommendations. Frenchie's was at the top of every list, and even when we visited, it's clearly well known to local residents. The max seating capacity is 10 people, so make sure you look closely for it. If you're a fan of local hidden gems when traveling, Frenchie's is the place to go for breakfast. The food and coffee were incredible. We ordered Frenchie's french toast and something off of the daily specials. You can't go wrong either way. The staff was friendly, even to us out-of-towners. There's something about the atmosphere here that you won't find at any other big breakfast spot. We'll definitely visit again next time we're in town!

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This tiny building is a few blocks from the main drag in TC....we almost passed it!! We ate breakfast there a few days ago. It has 4 tables inside, one out back and one in front...so its really small. Just a very comfortable place to have a great meal. I had the pastrami hash and my husband had huevos ranchos with pork verde sauce...both excellent. The coffee was great too. The place is open 8-3pm during the week and all day on the weekends...would love to go back and sample the lunches. You can tell they cook everything to order and everything is really fresh....and its run by what looks like a husband and wife....they work really hard and it shows in the cooking!!! Loved it!!

Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Small quaint venue away from the main busy area and with easy free parking 10 feet away. Service was very curt, as put by another spot-on review. Reminded my wife and me immediately of the Soup Nazi Seinfeld episode - almost as if they knew how they are and it doesn't matter because their food is great. I'm not complaining; it was memorable. We had water and coffee/cream brought out speedily and didn't have to wait long for food. Of all the places in TC, this is probably the only one that I would visit again.

5 stars for food, 4 stars for service, 3 stars for prices (omelet, sandwich, and two coffees for $26 before tip).

Reviewed July 29, 2014

You know that tingling feeling you get on your tongue, when you eat something really, really good, and its like your tastebuds are quivering? Well I can't remember back to the time that happened to me last - has to be at least a decade - but it happened to me yesterday while eating the most amazing pastrami sandwhich I think I have ever had. really. period.

If you are looking for a refined, "fine dining" experience, this is not your place. However, if you are looking for that really cool, hole-in-the-wall ambience while eating some amazing food - this is that place!