“No more chances”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I decided to give Ponderosa another chance 1-6-13 for dinner.First of all,I was turned off when we ordered and was asked if we wanted to include our tip with our Visa payment.We tip accordling after we have been served so it wasnt a good start!
It was dead in there (5pm)and now I know why...The food was not very good...The taco meat was crusted ontop from sitting there and the pasta was gross.
The people that worked there were horsing around behind the hot food area and it was probably from being bored.
I had the chicken fried steak which was nasty and looked like it had been microwaved.
No more Ponderosa for us...Traverse City needs a Golden Coral!!!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

If you want a lot of food, with many choices, reasonably priced, this is the place to go. Salad bar, ice cream and desert bar, along with hot buffet items. In my opinion, most the food items come out of a can, dumped in a pan and heated. The grilled items I have had off the menu are usually good.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Went to Ponderosa for lunch. For a little over $9 the lunch buffet is not bad. Food was good but their spaghetti sauce and taco meat are HORRIBLE! Only saw my server twice but there were plenty of people eating there so she was probably busy. The chicken wings are the best thing and the most consistant thing on the menu. Also had rice pilaf and meatballs. Everything was okay during this visit.

1  Thank jbeaugrand
Reviewed April 23, 2012

for about $6.00 you got a breakfast buffet with everything from eggs and has browns to cinnamon buns, to ice cream to fruit! really great value,

1  Thank Stacey S
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Great variety and choices for our family. The children love to pick their meal make their own dessert. The quality/taste of some of the food is just so-so or bland.