“Iconic 50's restaurant”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lots of fun with great milkshakes. Definitely worth visiting for the atmosphere. Service is very good.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We try to visit Don's Drive-In whenever we go to Traverse City. The pink color and the cool retro signage draw you in. Plenty of old records, (yes, I said "records") hang on the walls, or at least the covers of those records, and the vibe is very, very 1950's hangout. The burgers are fine and the service is with a smile. Just go with it.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a real drive in that was started in the '50's and hasn't changed! If you like real ice cream shakes and malts and great-tasting, greasy burgers and fries for you and a foot-long hot dog for the grandkids, this is the place to go! Pricey for what you get, but really good. This is just like the places I went to when I was a teenager -- great memories!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

it just like an old fashioned burger joint we go ther on our way home every year from TC. burgers r the best around ff and orings soo good cant find them as good anywhere else! and the chocolate/strawberry malts are to die for! yummm

Reviewed December 30, 2012

...or the would have if they'd ever visit Traverse City. The decor is something out of an episode of Happy Days. There are a good many places "Up North" to get a good burger, fries and shake/malt. Don's is but one, but they specialize in he old drive-in approach to the American institution. Don's is open all year round, but the day we visited it was cold outdoors, and same inside. Either turn up the heat, or close for the winter. The place was packed. I'm a straight up, no froofy burger guy. I like my fries freshly cooked and crispy. My guest had a root beer, but I had a chocolate shake. EVERYTHING was prepared to our specs, was served hot and tasted excellent. This is kind of straight ahead, no nonsense, burger/fries meal that will satisfy everybody in the family.