“best burger around”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 10, 2013

it just like an old fashioned burger joint we go ther on our way home every year from TC. burgers r the best around ff and orings soo good cant find them as good anywhere else! and the chocolate/strawberry malts are to die for! yummm

There are newer reviews for Don's Drive-In

Reviewed December 30, 2012

...or the would have if they'd ever visit Traverse City. The decor is something out of an episode of Happy Days. There are a good many places "Up North" to get a good burger, fries and shake/malt. Don's is but one, but they specialize in he old drive-in approach to the American institution. Don's is open all year round, but the day we visited it was cold outdoors, and same inside. Either turn up the heat, or close for the winter. The place was packed. I'm a straight up, no froofy burger guy. I like my fries freshly cooked and crispy. My guest had a root beer, but I had a chocolate shake. EVERYTHING was prepared to our specs, was served hot and tasted excellent. This is kind of straight ahead, no nonsense, burger/fries meal that will satisfy everybody in the family.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I'm fortunate enough to live by Don's other location, near Novi, MI, however, if you are ever near his original Traverse City diner, be sure to stop in for a chocolate malt. The diner atmosphere is to die for, the staff is incredibly polite, and the malts/shakes are in a league of their own.

1  Thank alettertosteph
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

We are on an adventure, to visit Traverse City with our dog.

Dons Drive-in was a treat after a long drive and a romp on the sandy beaches.

Yummy burgers with fantastic salt-free French fries! The shakes are amazing!!! Chocolate malt tastes as if real malt balls were used as flavoring!! The real strawberry milk shake was light, with sweet and sour pieces of real strawberries!!!

Service was prompt, friendly and very polite!!

A must for all burger and shake lovers!!!

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Don's Drive-In is always at the top of my must-do list when in Traverse City. I've been coming here since I was a kid (my mom went as a child, too) and I always look forward to it. The burgers and fries are excellent, but my favorite thing is the real fruit cherry shake. Delicious!!