“Great place to grab a quick sandwich.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Don's Drive-In
Ranked #59 of 295 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Fast Food, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Great place to grab a quick sandwich.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were in a hurry on the way to the airport. We had our sandwiches within 5 minutes. The BLT & the fish sandwich were great.

Plymouth, Michigan
“Great Milk Shakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Each year the kids ask us to stop for a milk shake. They love them. The staff who greated us at the door was very friendly. We have never eaten there, we only have stop for the milk shakes. There are slightly on the expensive side.

• Visited August 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“Do not go inside !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

In all fairness to Don's Drive-In I did not use the drive-in service, I went inside to dine. We were met by an older gentleman (maybe Don himself for all I know) who was very rude and unaccommodating. I tend to give everyone I meet a second chance so I shrugged off his behavior and patiently waited to be seated. I was with a party of five and once a table opened up he pointed and said "you can go sit down now". As we started in that direction he immediately stopped us and said "Stop! You have to wait for him to finish cleaning the table!". I was thinking to myself, "Is this guy for real?". We get to the table and it only seats four, so I asked "Don" for a chair to place at the end of the booth. He begrudgingly walked to the other side of the diner to get us a chair and didn't even make eye contact when he placed the chair beside the booth. At this point we should have just left because there was nothing that was going to turn this awful experience around. Long story short, the food was "average" at best. For the money we paid the food was very underwhelming. Anyone who claims this place has the best burgers hasn't eaten enough burgers in their life. It was so loud inside the diner that I had to yell so everyone in my booth could to hear me. Not a single person in my party finished their entire meal (poor food quality and deafening noise = get me out of here as quickly as possible). AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS !!!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank ScottPRedman
Detroit, Michigan
“Best Burger in TC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

While this place doesn't look like much and it may be rough around the edges, their burgers and shakes are second to none. I have been coming here my entire life and do not plan on stopping anytime soon. The burgers are cooked to order and you have your choice of any topping you could want. Make sure to get the burger basket with fries and an excellent house cole slaw. Finally, you cannot come here without getting one of their famous shakes. The small is just enough to want more, medium is good for one and the large is perfect for two (or even one hungry person!). My personal favorite is the real fruit cherry shake.

• Visited July 2012
Traverse City, Michigan
“Back in the 50's again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

As children of the 50's we feel like we are back in grade school, going out to lunch with our folks. Nothing fancy, just a burger, fries, and chocolate shake. Join the regulars for coffee and pie.

Visited May 2012