“Family Favorite”

Ranked #17 of 320 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Reviewed January 11, 2014

The Apache Trout Grill is my favorite place to eat in Traverse City. And that is saying a lot becuse Traverse City has so many great places to eat. My Favorites are the BBQ Shrimp and the avacodo egg rolls. They have a GREAT outside bar and the view is awesome. Can't say enough. This place is great!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,497)

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Apache Trout Grill has been a favorite in our family for many years. Their recent expansion and remodel has only added to the appeal.(Though we do miss dining outdoors.) Our most recent meal was not up to their usual standard (ribs were fatty and entire meal was not served hot.) However, we are assuming this was a temporary lapse and will return hoping to find things returned to their normal, excellence.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I recommend you eat here for a decent meal with atmosphere.
I don't recommend the trout, it was flavorless, seemed farm fed.
But I recommend the other items on the menu.
Service was friendly and we enjoyed our meals.
I do not recommend you pop over to North Peak or Bubba's and in fact
I warn you to stay away...which means you'll go, but hopefully, you'll agree with
me in the end, and write the review that says the same.
Apache's is a good place to eat.
Now, here's an oddity, I wrote reviews on this same site, but they didn't appear under my name, they appeared under another. So, to get the word out and get it right, I'm writing again.

1  Thank Blackhawkjxx7
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, food was good and service was friendly-but a bit slow. Avocado egg rolls were tasty and white fish was more than enough for one. Nice traverse city eating establishment.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have eaten here a few times and had great experiences. The food has been very good and it's such a beautiful location. The waitstaff is exceptionally well trained and very friendly. I have read some of the poor reviews and they just don't reflect my experiences here at all.

1  Thank ChristinaC861