“We will be back every time we are in the area!”
Review of Apache Trout Grill

Apache Trout Grill
Ranked #9 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Awesome restaurant! It's a beautiful location right on the bay. Warm and inviting, great service, and great food. Our server, Jeff was very friendly and exceptionally knowledgeable. We had the avocado egg rolls and Holy Smokes!! They were phenomenal!!!! I wish we had them back home. The whitefish sandwich was very good, too, and my husband said the ribs were exceptional as well. We will be back again!!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I provided a glowing review back in June in which I raved about the bacon wrapped BBQ shrimp and shrimp and lobster bisque. The only negatives I noted were the noise in the restaurant and the slow service. So, intending to minimize those negatives we went for lunch at 2 pm on a weekday and found the restaurant quiet and the food served promptly. However, the shrimp and bisque were very disappointing. The bisque was barely above room temperature and seemed to be short of marine creatures. Much worse though, were the shrimp - the item I encouraged people to try. The shrimp was overcooked to the point that it and the bacon wrapped around it were burned and tasted burned. Maybe we shot ourselves in the feet by going at 2 pm, but the visit was very disappointing and, based on it alone, I wouldn't recommend the meal or the restaurant to anyone. Still, the visit back in June was great. Clearly, the restaurant may have a problem with consistently providing good food and good service. At least the view was still good.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Long established as on of Traverse City's best, this is a favorite of many locals. Great view, good service and excellent food - especially fresh seafood. This is a winner and a must see for visitors.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Switched to dining here after reading all the positive reviews on TA. Followed the tip to park across the street when there wasn't a single spot available in the small parking lot. Waited approx. 45 minutes on a Sunday evening at 6:00 PM. Wait staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was just okay. I had the BBQ plate with ribs, shrimp and sausage, while my wife had just the ribs. Ribs were good, however the shrimp was a bit tough and chewy and the sausage had a very strange flavor to it. Probably should have tried one of the fish selections, however they seemed all very ordinary in their prep(i.e. fried lake perch). Not quite the upscale cuisine I was expecting based on the raving reviews.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a lovely meal here at this restaurant. The food was good and the service as well. The restaurant was well maintained and remodeled extremely well. It felt very homey, yet lodgelike. The view of the water was gorgeous as the large open architecture and open wall to the water's edge made you feel as though you were on a fancy boat enjoying a great meal and cruising down the bay. While we did not sit in the bar, it too was really wonderful as you sat up high enough to see out the same large open window the diner's did to enjoy the Bay. I would definately go there again when in Traverse City!