“October 2013”

Ranked #9 of 313 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was suggested by my wife's employer. Service and food was excellent. Even though we were away from the shore, our sections of table were raised so we can see out. My wife had a steak and I had lake perch and both were excellent. The place is little pricey but we expected that. Did not have a wait because we got there around 5:15pm. One downside is that the parking lot is small; they told us to park accross the busy street. Fun to cross!

There are newer reviews for Apache Trout Grill

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I just dined here on Thursday. The bisque is one of the best we have ever tried. I had the lake perch and my husband had white fish. Both choices we would recommend to others.

There was a wait for dinner but we enjoyed a beverage at the bar, which was during Happy Hour so not to costly.

During dinner we had a view of the west bay with the fall colors across the water.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

First thing: They don't accept call ahead seating or reservations.

We were quoted 1.5 hours but only waited an hour. The walleye was huge and so fresh. We also has the prime rib. Sides included mac and cheese, cheddar mashed potatoes, bread/pesto, rice pilaf, and vegetables. This meal was amazing and I will definitely go back when I return to Traverse City.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife an I enjoy stopping in when were in town if nothing more than to get the lobster bisque soup and a glass of ale. The dinner selections are excellent and the tuna wonderful. The location is prime being right on the bay.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have eaten at the Apache Trout Grill (ATG) several times and when I first went I thought it was fabulous. It has lost some of its luster for me in the cuisine department. The food is still good but this round I had the grilled tuna and it was bone dry. I had a similar experience last time. However our appetizer was delicious and I left mostly satisfied.

The best thing about the ATG is the ambiance. They have a great location and outside area that is perfect on the bay with views of moored sail boats. Take a loved one here and you will have a wonderful experience. Just don't get the tuna. We had great service.

FYI parking is not good here. Here is a hot tip - the ATG leases the parking lot of the "Classic Consignments" store across the street. You can park there and play Frogger to cross over. It is easy in and easy out back to town!