“I think we ordered the wrong dishes.”
Review of Apache Trout Grill

Apache Trout Grill
Ranked #9 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Apache Trout Grill has a casual lodge theme to the dining room. Over looking Grand Traverse Bay is the perfect setting for any occasion.The Apache serves good food right.
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The view from our table was priceless! We sat inside the restaurant but overlooking Traverse Bay. It was gorgeous! Service staff were excellent. Beware of the parking though -- too few spots for a restaurant of this size.

Drinks were plentiful and very good. Salad and soup were outstanding. Dessert was delicious! The main courses caught us aback a little though and this was a surprise for both of us. I ordered the spaghetti and requested the accompanying meatballs on the side. My husband is the meat eater and told me he would eat it. He ordered a whitefish dish. Both meat and fish, although tasty, were more heavily breaded than needed and it was this taste that seemed to linger. The meatball, huge in size, did not come on the side but on the plate with the pasta. The pasta was al dente and very good.

We concluded that we might have ordered the wrong items. My advice is to get the specials of the day and avoid anything that could potentially be breaded.

Overall, a very romantic meal and a delightful evening!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I were visiting Traverse City and ate at the Apache Trout Grill. We were greeted by very friendly staff and were told there would be a 30 minute wait. We waited at the outside bar area which overlooks the beautiful bay. We did not have as long a wait as predicted. I took the advice of the wait staff and ordered the walleye. The meal was outstanding...probably the best walleye I've ever eaten. My husband's New York Strip was also great. Yes, this is a more expensive restaurant, but the food was excellent and worth the price. We would highly recommend the Apache Trout Grill!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great food, friendly staff, and lovely views of the bay. This is a terrific upscale location for a romantic dinner. Be prepared...parking is fairly limited, but it's worth the hassle.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My wife and I recently took a trip to Traverse City for our anniversary. We were told by multiple residents and travellers that the Apache grill was excellent. We decided to give it a shot and were not disappointed. We both had a drink at the bar and a main course all for around $65. The table had a great view of the water, my steak was perfectly cooked, and the table side pesto was a great touch. Our server Alec g topped of the experience, he was extremely attentive and friendly. We will be back, Great Job Apache Grill.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We spend three months each year in Florida where we tend to rate restaurants according to how good their shrimp is. We've had a lot of great shrimp there, but the Apache Trout Grill's barbeque shrimp dinner is second to none. The shrimp were large. wrapped in bacon and covered with a sweet, delicious sauce - an absolutely spectacular dish accompanied by some of the best baked beans and coleslaw I've ever had. Our soup, lobster and shrimp bisque was terrific as well. I would have rated the restaurant even higher, but the dining room was very noisy and the food took much too long to arrive. Still, it was worth it for the shrimp.