“Saturday night out for dinner”
Review of Mode's Bum Steer

Mode's Bum Steer
Ranked #60 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2008

We went out for dinner Saturday April 19th, 2008. we had ate there before a few years ago. We read the reviews here before we went there. The place is small, but it gives you a nice quiet dinner. You sit close to others that are dining, but we never felt like we were in each others conversations. I ordered the New York strip and the wife had the lake perch. I ordered my stake medium and it was medium mostly well done. Still tender but dry. I was hoping for a seasoned steak for more flavoring but it was not. It was still a good steak but i have had better coming off my grill at home. The wife said her perch was excellent and had no regrets ordering it. The place allows smoking but it was not smoky at all. I dont think anybody was smoking when we were there. All in all i would recommend the place. If you order the stake, you may want to state how important it is to get it cooked the way you want it.

1  Thank KAGrove

Reviewed April 20, 2008

Low-brow name, back-room ambience, but when you're craving steak, this is the one place to go.

Reviewed February 8, 2008

This small restraunt with a bar like atmosphere is supposed to be rated one of the number one Steak Places to go in Traverse City Michigan. I choose this restraunt for my birthday dinner due to great compliments of the steak that I have heard recently. The waiter was very friendly so I do rate the service very highly. I ordered a 11 oz new York stip medium. To my supprise my medium steak which my waiter had promised would not be bloody but slig htly pink came out burnt. My boyfrined chosse the T-Bone which to his suprise was also burnt. To me it looked like they cooke the meat on too high of a heat because it was pinker than i would normally eat and burnt on the outside. I would rather wait a little bit longer to have the steak the way i ordered it. We walked out with a 62 dollar bill, I also ordered a piece of cheescake for desert when we got back to our hotel room and to muy suprise that we paid 5 dollars for a piece of cheesecake we only got may 5 bites out of. So if you want good service go to modes but order your steak NOT BURNT.

1  Thank reviwer1984