“Just ok- not worth the money”
Review of Mode's Bum Steer

Mode's Bum Steer
Ranked #60 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently visited Mode's Bum Steer. This place was just ok. We received a restaurant voucher from the hotel we stayed at. If we hadn't received that voucher we probably wouldn't have gone to this restaurant. The restaurant decor is old and ugly. Definitely needs an update. Not exactly sure why this place gets good reviews and is still so popular. We did have a wonderful waitress, I believe her name was Amanda but I'm not sure. So the service was good. Food was just ok. The bleu cheese wedge salad was probably the best part of the meal. My boyfriend and I both ordered steaks. Mine was kind of "mealy" feeling. Steaks are $20 and up. I probably could have gotten a better steak at outback. Not recommended.

2  Thank Carol H

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Excellent food and service. I had their escargot, steak and ribs, my husband had their prime rib. Neither of us could finish! Will go back for sure!

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Mode's has been serving classic steakhouse fare for a very long time and once you visit, you'll know why! Great cocktails, delicious steaks, fabulous seafood served by exceptional staff. I haven't been there in years as I live in Grand Haven now, but enjoyed revisiting last July and will definately be back again!

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Our prime rib dinner was very good, but the perch dinner was fair to poor. The perch was heavily breaded and not very warm when served. The atmosphere was very crowded and not relaxing.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Seems like an old place that is hanging on. Food was average and quite expensive. We will not go back.