“Great eating for vegetarian diners”
Review of poppycocks

poppycocks
Ranked #20 of 320 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Casual DOWNTOWN restaurant offering New American inspired cuisine. Eclectic specials, fresh seafood, pasta, unique sandwiches and salads, vegetarian specialties and award-winning desserts. Emphasis on fresh, local products. Live jazz on Friday and Saturdays. Full bar with extensive martini menu, wines by the glass, and unique craft beers on tap,
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Poppycock's is a must stop for lunch or dinner when we visit Traverse City. As my wife is a vegetarian, it's sometimes dificult to find well-prepared, delicious food that is a cut above the typical portatbello mushroom sandwich offered at many places. That food can be found at Poppycock's. I love the Thai corn cakes with peanut sauce, the pita bread appetizer, and the vegetable-based soups. I had mac and cheese with lobster on one of our visits and it was fantastic. We are so full from our meal that we have not tried the desserts, but they look fantastic.
Very nice atmosphere with plenty of local art on the walls and lots of booths for seating- which we prefer.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I think I'm missing something here. Even people who got sick from the food gave Poppycock's a four star rating. I thought it was overpriced and pretentious. I had the linguini with shrimp and microscopic clams. The chef's sauce of the evening was water. First time I've ever had pasta swimming in a bowl of H2O. Seemed more like soup than a pasta dish. Service and ambience are good but that is not enough to rescue an $18 bowl of noodle soup. Sorry.

2  Thank woody d
Reviewed June 27, 2013

May wait til after the Cherry Festival but then again lat year had a wonderful lunch there right after the parade. They don't serve breakfast but lunch and dinner has always been good. Some great vegetarian options. Love their soups.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. I had the best salad. It was the cherry jalapeno glaze chicken salad. It was wonderful. I changed the dressing up to the thyme vinegar and it was wonderful! I would make this place a must eat when in the TV city area.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner but ended up just getting a free small plates (pita chips and truffled chicken dumplings) and warm mushroom artichoke salads. Food was great, service was good but a bit cold. Martinis were also very good but a bit on the pricey side (Capresetini and I Dream of Jeanie).