“Our new breakfast place in TC......”
Review of Bubba's

Bubba's
Ranked #10 of 309 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Burgers, burritos and beer! You're going to love the great food and downtown Traverse City atmosphere at Bubba's - Traverse City's favorite spot to hang all season long! From bubba-size burgers to fresh unique salads or sandwiches, or choose from the chef's home-style favorites of the day on our chalkboard. All of our selections are made from fresh, wholesome ingredients.
Bay City, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 2,401 helpful votes
“Our new breakfast place in TC......”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

When local friends suggested Bubba's Bar for breakfast, I was definitely skeptical. Even looking at the place from the outside, I somewhat dreaded walking in. I was WRONG.

The place is pretty nice-knotty pine, lots of seating, bar seating, extra rooms in the back. Did not visit the bathrooms. Parking is on the street, and maybe a lot in the back, but again, not sure.

Service was not the greatest. Took order, brought food, brought check. Done.

Food was excellent. Great breakfast food. Two of us had breakfast burritos of different kinds. I had the Bubba's Big Breakfast Sandwich-scrambled egg/tomato/bacon/cheese (of your choice) on whole wheat toast. Excellent-or did I say excellent, already? LOL.

Go eat at Bubba's!

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank tymetraveler222

Michigan
“Food Ok. Coffee Awful. Service Worse.”
Reviewed March 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Bubba's for breakfast on a Sunday morning and ordered two coffees, a veggie scramble, and peanut butter and jelly stuffed french toast. First, the coffee was terrible! It tasted as if it had been reheated several times in an old varnish can. We choked a half a mug down because we were so tired, but had trouble finishing anymore- and we're usually easily 3-cup drinkers.

My boyfriend enjoyed his veggie scramble with rye toast enough. The scramble wasn't anything special, but came with a tasty salsa and side of jam. My french toast was just ok as well- the peanut butter and jelly filling was substantial and tasty, but the actual french toast was kind of bland and just missing something.

My biggest qualm with Bubba's was what happened with my french toast order. The toast was supposed to come with a side of meat, which I chose to forgo given that I don't eat the stuff. I was a little dissapointed that the server didn't at least offer to sub soemthing else for it. But no huge deal. But then, when a different server brought the food out, he also brought the side of sausage. I explained that I didn't request it, but since it was included in the price of the meal, I at least offered it to my boyfriend. But alas, as soon as I grabbed the plate, our original server came rushing out of the kitchen and snatched the plate back without even acknowledging me. Again, annoying, but no huge deal.

BUT THEN...our waiter came back out to check on us and informed me that "MMMMM....that sausage you didn't want was gooooooood." I found this to be incredibly obnoxious, joking or not. To make matters worse, I was still charged for the full price of the french toast and meat although apparently the waiter ate it.

To sum it up, the food I actually ate but decent, albeit average. However, I highly doubt I'll go back if I'm ever back in the T.C. area.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank bluntreviewer007
Traverse City, Michigan
“Another great Lunch”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

After a afternoon movie at the "state" my wife and I had a very enjoyable lunch at Bubba's
We like to sit at the bar and the staff did not disappoint us.
They also have ample seating in the front and back room.
A great selection of Michigan beers awaited our choosing.
Lots of menu choices always make it difficult to narrow your selection.
However I always enjoy the gumbo, my wife has a harder time deciding between a salad, burger or wrap. today she had a ozzie gooie adult grilled cheese.
We will be back again

Portland, Michigan
“Superb Breakfast”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We went to Bubba's for breakfast on a November weekday and were really glad we did. The locals obviously come here but we didn't feel out of place at all. I had the green eggs and ham and my wife had the breakfast sandwich. We also ordered a side of grilled banana bread. Everything was delicious (I never thought of putting pesto in scrambled eggs before). One disappointment: they do not have flavorings for the coffee, so if you order a latte it comes plain.
The place is clean, well maintained and professionally run.
The service is a little laid back but so what, we're on vacation.

1 Thank Tmanting
Dearborn, MI
“Try the breakfast!”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I came late on Thursday from a long drive and had a very good burger. The onion rings are really good too. I noticed that they had breakfast so came back on Sunday morning for it. WOW, it was great. Good burgers aren't that hard to find in TC but I will definetly come back for the breakfast!!!