“Medicre food, indifferent staff”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #104 of 314 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 12, 2012

The food at every Cracker Barrel I have eaten is never better than mediocre and always seems like they're warming up something frozen rather than fresh. Staff has never been impressive at any of the ones I have eat.

There are newer reviews for Cracker Barrel

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Traveling across country for work has it's ups and downs. One thing you can count on is Cracker Barrell serving the same food in all the stores. It's a comfort not a specialty. This time was no different except we arrived arround 7:30pm. Just after the dinner pop. We were seated promptly and greated by our server. From that point on it went down hill. We have all had bad service at one time or two but this was just not called for. Food was the same as it's allways been. Warm and plentyfull. I am rating this average for these reasons: cleanup process for the tables around us took our entire dinning time. Items ordered were not brought out and had to be reminded more then once. Beverages were not refilled. The manager who checked us out did appoligize when we told him about our service but did not offer to do anything. Not that I want something for free but a small token for a return visit to try again would have been nice.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite chain restaurants. There are plenty of choices on the menu and I like that I can order breakfast any time of the day. This particular Cracker Barrel did not disappoint me in any way. The service was good, the staff was friendly and the food was just as good as any of the other Cracker Barrels that I have visited in my travels. Will be frequenting this one when I am in the TC area.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stopped by for a late breakfast. My meal was a mess. The biscuits were rock hard, clearly they had been sitting around a while. The gravy had formed a skin on the top and that skin was dumped into my portion. The bacon was soooo overcooked, it was nearly black on one side. I told my server and she brought me a fresh plate of bacon. This time the bacon was literally dripping fat, not very appealing. I informed the manager about these issues, she seemed to listen, but she didn't offer to correct the situation. Out of town visitors beware.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Slept in and missed out on the Hot Breakfast at our hotel, so my wife and I stopped here to get a late breakfast on a (~11:30am) Sunday. Its a cracker barrel and they are all basically the same. The wait was short considering how busy they were (~5 min). The waitress was very nice and attentive. The food was very good and definitely hit the spot. Portions are quite large as well. Great place for breakfast and very reasonably priced.