“Put a little heat on your tongue!”
Review of La Senorita

La Senorita
Ranked #150 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

I have been told about la Senioritas before, and the wife and I wanted to check it out. We were pleasantly surprised! Food was great! Love the chips and salsa.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have been here several times and try to make a point of going back whenever we are in the area. All of the Northern Michigan locations have great "American Mexican" food, but this one on US-31 has the best atmosphere.

This time we stopped here for lunch on our way into town. The salsa was good with just the right amount of kick. We split the flautas appetizer and a chicken quesadilla and it was more food than we could finish. The flautas are always awesome and we would highly recommend trying them.

Overall it was a good lunch stop and we left satisfied. Too bad it was a little too early for us to start drinking margaritas.

Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Food:
The food was hot and prepared to order. I ordered the chicken quesadilla and my wife order the strip steak. The quesadillas were perfect. The side of beans were also good. My wife's steak was very tender and cooked to order. The food this visit made it worth the visit.

Service:
Our waitress was attentive and friendly. She did a great job.

Atmosphere:
Been coming to this restaurant for years and they haven't changed it a bit. It's tired. Just some subtle changes could go a long way.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everytime I get a chance to hit up a La Senorita's restaurant, I do. I love Traverse's place the best though. Their staff has always been very nice, and even went as far to find some cool toy bugs in the back for my little cousin who was beginning to get restless. Their Green salsa is by far the best salsa I have ever tasted, and I always get 2 pints to bring home (which don't last long!) Although they are a "mexican" restaurant, I get the grande cheeseburger quite often, it's a handmade patty, not pre-made/frozen. It also comes with the condiments/lettuce/onions/tomato/pickles on the side so you can decide what you want to put on it or not put on it. Their quesadillas are very good too, the refried beans that come with it are awesome. I would reccommend this restaurant for anyone, kids and adults alike.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

It had been two years since last visit. Always one of our favorites. But... reduced menu choices, increased prices, and self serve chip/salsa station. They have taken a turn towards mass market heat and serve dining.