“Different in a great way”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fire Fly

Fire Fly
Ranked #53 of 298 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: Bar, American, International, Sushi
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located in downtown Traverse City, on the banks of the Boardman River, Fire Fly specializes in small plates, sushi, and martinis. Dine inside or riverside on the patio! Fire Fly offers daily specials including Happy Hour every day from 3pm to 6 pm. Fire Fly is proof that great food doesn't have to be expensive. We offer a wide selection of local, national and international wines, and our craft beer selection is extensive. Our knowledgeable staff can help pair the perfect wine or craft beer with your dinner!
Mount Pleasant, Michigan
“Different in a great way”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The menu is unique and diverse. We chose an option to have 3 "small plates" of a few dishes that were all very well prepared and tasty. The skinny mojito was awesome. Ambiance was unique and comfortable. My husband and I plan on going back when we visit again.

Visited February 2013

Interlochen, Michigan
“great food, good specials”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wonderful food & service. Prices are a little steep, but they have nightly special offers, like "half-price sushi night" which make it a little sweeter. There is a little bit of outdoor seating in the front which is shaded from the sun by the building & is therefore nice in the summer.

• Visited June 2012
Bronson, Michigan
“Trendy and fun”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were a fairly large group (9) and came in at height of Saturday evening rush but we still got seated quickly. The place was hopping and almost a party atmosphere. I started out with a traditional magarita which was excellent. Pita chips and humus next, also excellent. My sister had the fried calamari. It was very fresh and some of the best I have ever had. Almost everyone in our group ordered something different and we did allot of sharing.
Just be warned when they say small plate they mean SMALL plate. You can mix and match these mini ontrees and theres a big variety to choose from which is cool. And when they don't say small plate they mean small plate. The emphasis is on quality rather that quantity.
The flank steak special I ordered came with garlic mashed potatos and roasted aspargus. It was delicious! The steak was prefectly done and had a sauce that was out of this world. The aspargus also spot on perfectly done. Superb quality on all items. However, the portions were skimpy especially when you concider the pricing. You get 3 small plates for $30. My "special" was $26 or $28 (margarita was extra).

• Visited January 2013
Traverse City, MI
“Great value and atmosphere”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Fun enjoyable place to eat. Especially in the SummerTime. Eat outside and enjoys the sounds of Traverse City!

Visited May 2012
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Lovely! But, Aweful Parking”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Firefly looks more expensive than it is!
Our food was a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I got a portobella wrap, but I converted it to a sandwich. I did order french fries, and they never came, BUT it was totally OK because the sandwich was huge and I was stuffed.
Our server had a great attitude. She was friendly and a little sassy. I like when servers have a personality.
I also got TWO glasses of Chard. for only $5 total.. what!? It was happy hour, and that was awesome.
The only bad thing about Firefly is the parking.. there isn't enough.

• Visited November 2012