“Excellent food, service, presentation and ambiance but at a high price”

Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 304 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: French Fusion cuisine nesteled on beautiful Bowers Harbor, Deck Seating available in season, Romantic location for a proposal, also available for small/medium sized weddings, come to relax and enjoy the Taste of the Big City in Traverse City. Featuring Kobe Beef, English Dover Sole and the freshest most eclectic cuisine. Come as you are, upscale dining in a resort style casual atmosphere.
The Villages, Florida
“Excellent food, service, presentation and ambiance but at a high price”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

OK, the food is excellent as is the setting and service. However, it comes at prices that can max out a credit card. Entree's start at $29 and quickly jump to as much as $99. That is before any soup or salad or appetizer. Those are $9 and up. Drinks are also in double figure prices. So it may be excellent but it comes at New York prices. In fact on our visit, virtually everyone there was from out of town. For locals, this is a special and rare occasion only setting. Portions were reasonable but would hardly be described as "generous".

Harrison Township, Michigan
“Best in Traverse City”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

could not have asked for a better dining experience in every respect. Very accommodating, ambience, wonderful service and cuisine. Go there!

“Great views and food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved our table on the deck. The wine was reasonably priced.....but never will I pay 19 dollars for the lobster bisque again! The portion was tiny and the piece of lobster was tough and chewy. I will eat there again but I will be a little more selective on my choices.

Visited June 2013
East Lansing, Michigan
“Pleasant way to enjoy lunch”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I tried a late lunch at the Boathouse Restaurant to see what all the hype (positive and negative) is about. Even for a late lunch, the Boathouse was a busy place: I decided not to wait for an outdoor seat, but my inside table looked out on the water and was a pleasant place to be. Even though I was by myself, I felt welcomed and comfortable dining. All staff were pleasant, helpful, and seemed to care about my business. A chilled glass of Bowers Harbor Winery Pinot Grigio, some fresh oysters and an interesting salad mix were excellent choices for a summer lunch. Oysters were outstanding--but very expensive.

I understand there is a new chef in the kitchen and perhaps for dinner there may be some concerns, but my lunch was excellent and I would gladly return when I am in this area.

Bloomington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful....”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A nice. Bottle of Rosé ....(not overly priced) and a table on the deck made for a lovely afternoon Meal. We ordered 2 or 3 of each of the oysters they had that day. they were fresh and quite tasty. The next course was their pick your meats and cheeses for a great 2nd appetizer. The board had nice bread crisps and assorted toppings to go with the meat and cheeses we ordered. Next up was soup for me and salad for my husband. I love to eat like this instead of big heavy meals....that way we really enjoyed their version of a banana split! I will definitely be a return customer next time I am on the Mission Pennisula.

• Visited June 2013