“Great Little Find in Downtown Traverse City” 5 of 5 bubbles

Green House Cafe
Ranked #41 of 295 Restaurants in Traverse City
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Michigan
“Great Little Find in Downtown Traverse City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I were visiting Traverse City for a few days and had rented bikes and ridden into town. We walked downtown looking for a place to eat lunch and stumbled upon the Green House Cafe. We looked in the window and they were selling muffins that had muffin tops the size of saucers (for real). My pictures, don't show just how HUGE they were and when I asked how much they were (expecting about $4.50 or $5.00), our waitress said $2.78 including tax! WOW!

My husband ordered the chef salad and I ordered the 1/2 sandwich with a cup of soup. I got the Cherry Chicken Salad on Croissant and chicken noodle soup. It also came with a side of chips, crackers or bread, too. I enjoyed my lunch very much. The chicken salad had a hint of cherry flavor which was unique. My lunch was $7.33 and my husband's salad was $10.95. Beware, if you order the chef salad and are looking for a light lunch...this salad was HUGE (like the muffins). I did take a picture of it and will post. Two people could share this salad easily!

This place is also unique in that they put a large piece of brown paper on the tables and a tin of crayons and you get to create artwork for the cafe', if they chose yours to showcase. Some of the art has been framed and hung on the walls, even in the bathroom, and some are just plastered up on the walls.

What I don't understand is why some of the restaurants close at like 2:00 or 3:00...I would have gone back there for dinner if they would have been open. I would have liked to try something else on their menu.

This was one of the most liked dining experiences in Traverse City for us! We'll definately come back when in the area again!

• Visited October 2012

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great baked goods”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Nice stop for breakfast, good choices and wonderful baked goods. Nice stop when on Main Street in TC.

Visited September 2012
Niles, Illinois
“Great Way to Start the Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We had breakfast here 2 days in a row. Both experiences were very good. It is a quaint cafe with eccentric artwork and staff. The food is very filling, fresh, and a nice variety to choose from. It is in the middle of the Front Street area so after breakfast it was time for a nice stroll down the street to walk off breakfast. We enjoyed very much. Will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2012
Brighton, Michigan
“The best........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

.......french onion soup and reubens EVER!!! The reubens are made with cherries in the sauer kraut and makes it reallllllyyyyy special.

Visited September 2012
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Brunch with old friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Great food, superb service, have eaten here many times and never been disappointed.

We will be back!