“One of my all time favorite places to eat”

Boone's Long Lake Inn
Ranked #24 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have now been there several times as it is one of my all time favorite places to eat. The prices are not cheap, but for some reason I feel the place is of great value. First thing you need to know is portion sizes. THEY ARE HUGE! Maybe not Tony's in Birch Ruin huge, but pretty big. If you order Prime Rib (which is one of the best I have had) add at least 8 oz. to the listed weights! Yes, the 22 oz. prime rib is AT LEAST 30 ozs! It is about 2" thick and covers almost the entire plate. I made the mistake of ordering this one time with an appetizer. The 12 oz. is more than enough even for a hungry appetite. On Wednesday's they have all you can eat shrimp (fried or peel and eat) for $25. These shrimp are huge! Plus they put a ton of shrimp on your first order (probably 2 pounds worth). 3 of teh 4 people in our party that ordered this could not make it through the first order. But the quanitiy and quality were great. Also, strongly suggest trying a Bloody Mary! One of the best I have had and it comes with a small beer.

1  Thank Greg W

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Boone's has lived on it's reputation of years past for too long now. My last meal there I ordered the 16 oz Prime Rib and Perch. The Prime Rib has always been above average so I usually go that way and honestly how do you mess up fried perch. Well I received a 12 oz NY Strip, over cooked and the perch was so dry, it was almost inedible. All this for $40? This was during an 80 person banquet so I am always willing to cut some slack, but if you can't handle that type of business don't book it. All in all this will be my last trip to Boone's and the only reason it gets a 2 is the ambiance of the place is still cool and the service is normally very good.

1  Thank TCTanman
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Environment was very nice but I was not impressed at all with the food. Ordered the New York strip medium rare ($23) and it showed up well done like a piece of shoe leather. The server. Told me she was sorry and suggested I try the prime rib instead ($28) and it came out on a plate in 2" of a soup like broth that was salty. I ate half of it because I was hungry but it also was not cooked properly. I think I would pass on this place if I was back in the area. At least for the steaks.

1  Thank 937stevev
Reviewed April 15, 2014

When looking at the menu from our Lodge I was expecting a more classy place. For about 30 guest when we arrived the restaurant was very loud. It wasn't the romantic meal I was looking for. The service was great though,we really liked our server, however the food was alright. The salad was a typical salad that you can get at any restaurant. My food was good but feel it was a bit overpriced for some shrimp and steak. I did realize that it had some large portions so I understand the cost a little more. My wife really enjoyed her prime rib and crab legs. I had some of her crab legs and really enjoyed them as well. The portions were very large but other than that, it was ok. Boones would not be my first recommendation for nice meal.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I've been to Boones many times and the experience has always been top notch.
The salad is crisp and fresh, the entrees are generous and tasty, cocktails are large and well made and the desserts are delicious
Get there early, they fill up and don't take reservations.