“This was not what I expected.”

Boone's Long Lake Inn
Ranked #23 of 317 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The food was average, proving that quantity does not trump quality. I had the scallops, swimming in something sort of buttery, baked potato, plain salad. Forgettable. My husband had the slab of prime rib, potato, salad. Forgettable. There were no special tastes, seasonings, preparations to report. The service was sweet, and they tried their best. This is a large restaurant, open concept, noisy. I kept thinking Country Buffet, no buffet. The meal came to a little under $50.00. Forgettable.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

If you are a meat lover, then this is the place for you. The meat is always top grade and the serving size has to be seen. The prime rib is almost a meal for two.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Came here with my hubby and son. Our server was very nice and informative. Hubby ordered the 18 oz NY strip and I ordered ribs & perch to share with my son. Great homemade bread, good salad and soup. The entrees portions are huge, the quality of food was good.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went for our anniversary and had the best steaks (prime rib and New York strip) and crab legs ever! The service was great....and for our anniversary we each got a free dessert. We will be back!

1  Thank Paula T
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We where very excited to eat at Boone's. I ordered the white fish dinner and my husband had the prime rib and shrimp. The white fish meal portion was small and the filet was very thin. My husband's steak was cooked correctly but, it didn't have a good flavor. We had 1 beer each and our bill was over $100 with tip. Not worth it. There are to many restaurant's in Traverse City to waste your time and money here.

1  Thank CottonMouse