“Overrated”

Boone's Long Lake Inn
Ranked #24 of 316 Restaurants in Traverse City
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've eaten here many times since my husband's family loves it. I am not impressed. The loud, overcrowded dining room is enough to turn me off. The food is OK, but nothing exceptional by any means. The homemade onion rings are the only thing I have found to be anything better than average. The steaks are just steaks, often grisly and tough, with little flavor. The beer is cold, but nothing served here makes me want to choose this restaurant.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Was in town for business and the hotel recommend this place. I was very good. The food was excellent had the prime rib I think the scale was broken because it was the biggest 12oz cut i have ever seen , the lobster was very good also made for a great combination. The service was attentive. Would defiantly go back .

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I arrived early on a Monday evening and were able to sit next to the wood burning fireplace which was very cozy! Our server was polite and attentive and our food was great. We shared an 18 oz New York strip which was still way too much food, not surprising since they are known for generous portions! We enjoyed the atmosphere and our leisurely dinner. Three people around us celebrated birthdays, so definitely a special occasion spot in the TC area. We will look forward to returning again in the future!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nick took a hallmark and upgraded everything.....food quality and service. Ask him where he get's the beef from and the last time he visited the supplier of his beef.Ask him how long his staff has been with him. Excellent outside deck, bar and entertainment in summer. Nick is there all the time, a key ingredient.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Recently had the pleasure of a surprise birthday party here and we had a large table of friends...quite large. Amazingly, our server managed to pull things off in a great way. Even though it was a Saturday night, he paid close attention to all of us. We never went thirsty, and did not have to wait long for our food. He even brought, and lit, a birthday cake for us that someone in our party had purchased elsewhere. Bravo and thanks for the terrific service. Now the food....it was only average. I had the salmon and it was dry, sadly. People seemed to like the prime rib, but all in all, nobody left here feeling that the food knocked them out. The steaks were absolutely huge, but again, nothing to write home about. The atmosphere was great here and the place inside has a rustic charm that is appealing. All of the staff was wonderful, including the greeter at the door. Worth checking out this place when you are near.